Thursday, 27 September 2012

Repressed Emotions

©Dugan & Evans
Today's card from the Witches Tarot (Llewellyn, 2012) is the Two of Swords.

This is a very standard image, showing a woman sitting with her back to a lake.  She wears an ivory dress, and I like the touch of her sky blue cuffs.  She bears two swords crossed over her chest and wears a blindfold.  Above her hangs a waning moon, and to either side of her fly little faeries, looking back towards the water.  There is lavender by her feet, which the companion book identifies with distrust, and protection.  It's an unusual association, given lavendar is recommended for relaxation and sleep...

I like the beautiful twilight landscape, and the suggestion that she is honed and ready, waiting for the right moment to react.  She may be putting aside her emotions so she can more clearly focus on what needs to be done.

Sadly, I didn't manage to finish my dissertation protocol yesterday, though I did complete 13 out of 15 sections, and made a good dent in number 14 :)  Although I'd love to try and finish it today, I have to push those wishes aside and focus on my day job - bummer!  Maybe tomorrow...

I am grateful for the focus to do my work.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see what you mean about the 'honed and ready' aspect. She looks like Luke Skywalker using the force to know where those glowy lazer ball thingies are in his training. :) She'll leap up with a swift ninja gesture and lob off the head of her challenger. Slice! (Too violent for this early?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Actually, I saw her more as Jennifer Garner in Elektra ;D Girl power!

      Delete