Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Steadfast Señor

©Charlene Livingstone
I love it when this kind of thing happens - we've had a couple of Majors, a Minor, and now a Court card, to get a good cross-section of the Art of Life Tarot (U.S. Games, 2012).

Here we have the King of Pentacles, in fact King Charles II.  He certainly has the look of wealth and luxury I would associate with this King, and I like the colours of his clothes, sufficiently earthy and material, with a hint of decadence and a certain purity of vision.  He doesn't get distracted by extraneous things: focusing on his responsibilities.


The quote, too, is fabulous: "Wealth stays with us a little moment if at all; only our characters are steadfast, not our gold." - Euripedes.  It both touches on the aspect of wealth, yet also highlights the more important character trait of dependability.


Today, I'm focusing on my physical well-being - I'm going to see an acupuncturist to try to kick the awful pregnancy nausea (I refuse to call it morning sickness, as I feel it pretty much 24/7!)  Later, my mum is over for a visit.  She is more Queen of Pentacles than King in my eyes, but she's certainly supported me through thick and thin.



I am grateful for people I can rely on.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Dahling.

    Ugh. Sorry about your pregnancy nausea!!

    I am nauseated today, too, but probably not pregnant, considering. :D

    I hope you have a healing visit with your mom.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you're feeling sick! Hope it's nothing serious...

      As for me, my mum didn't come over in the end, as she was taking care of a sick cat :) Another sign of her steadfastness, even if not with me - a cat in pain needed her more.

      Big hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. Haha!

      I can't believe a cat won out in the end. I hope you and the cat are well today.

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
    3. Well, she has her priorities straight :) Last night she came over here, even though I said there was no need, to give me a hug in person <3 <3 <3
      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete