Monday, 3 September 2012

The Royal Couple of Wands

©Shirlee at Wicca Moon
As I mentioned yesterday, the Wicca Moon Tarot doesn't have Kings and Queens.  Instead, there is a single card for the more mature aspects of each suit.

It's an interesting perspective - perhaps suggesting that a mature approach to whatever part of self or life are represented by each suit must always be a balanced one.  That balance and maturity comes from combining understanding and action, emotion and responsibility.  It also means that the deck has only 74 cards ;)

Today, then, we meet the Royal Couple of Wands.  I notice my gut reaction to this Royal Couple isn't as favourable as my response to the Royal Couple of Cups in yesterday's interview.  For me, the fiery, dynamic suit of wands requires a somewhat younger Royal Couple.

I expected a man and woman in their forties or fifties, not these older folks.  As I write this, I acknowledge that my prejudice is showing through.  I know a number of older people who are still incredibly active and engaged, with the added boon of the wisdom of much life experience.  Still, it's probably the fact that I think of the Wands King and Queen as being quite driven - whereas I imagine folks of this age having already achieved most things they want, especially if they started off with that wands-y drive!

Certainly, these two look quite happy, and she is radiant.  However, their clothes are black and blue, also not fiery, and there are bubbles floating around them, as well as a single wand standing between them.  There is also some kind of wooden structure behind them, like a gate.  They seem quite calm and happy, wise and spiritual.

Today, I could do with some wands energy, both to fire me up, and give me some wise calm and focus.  First, I have to go to the clinic for some follow-up on last week.  Then, it's on the tube to attend a two-day workshop (part two is tomorrow) on Motivational Interviewing.  I booked it before getting pregnant and the attendant medical issues, and I'm feeling rather tired and overwhelmed at the thought, yet also glad to have something different to think about...

I am grateful for the energy to get through the day.

6 comments:

  1. Just passing by and send you some energi for the day! And If I understand right your pregnant and then I want to Congratulate to it!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,

      Yes, I'm pregnant :) Thanks for the congratulations, and the good energy. Hope you're having a good week!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I didn't know you were pregnant... Congratulations and sincere wishes that any related medical issues be sorted anon.

    I can relate the fire of the Wands suit to old age thanks to meeting a few elderly people who seem to have a magical light shining through their eyes. Passion tempered can last and bless us in our old age - this is something my phosphorous self needs to be reminded of.

    The blue in this image could pass for the blue of Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius (King of Wands and Temperance) but I totally get what you mean!

    Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,

      Many thanks for the congratulations, and the good wishes. As you know, pregnancy isn't always simple :(

      I like what you say about passion tempered warming us through our old age :)

      Blessings,
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. I agree that this is a weird wands duo! I hope your workshop ends up being a good distraction from the recent pressures.

    Lotsa hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      The workshop was really interesting - both for the new stuff I learned, and for the experience of role playing a past client, which was a novel way to think about what might help them!

      Hope you're having a great week!
      Hugs,
      Cxx

      Delete