Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Wands World

©Shirlee at Wicca Moon
One of the things I love about the Wicca Moon Tarot is the summery, happy feeling to many of the cards.  That's certainly the case with today's card - the Two of Wands.

Two wands stand side by side in a beautiful meadow, gazing out at a floating globe.  It almost looks like they are standing at a cliff edge, with the globe rising up from the chasm: we can see nothing but blue sky beyond the floating planet...  I like that there are little flames at the base of the wands, a reminder of their elemental attribution.  Although things look calm, there is a dynamic energy simmering, waiting to blast off ;D

Which path will we choose towards our goal?  Though we may have a single focus, there can be many different ways to get there...  Alternately, this card makes me think of connecting with others towards a common goal.  We can light each other's fire, achieving more together than we each would alone.

I'm really enjoying the Motivational Interviewing course I'm doing.  I can well imagine using this with clients, as and when I go back to working with them.  However, when that will be is a different question...

I am grateful for a world of interesting choices.

4 comments:

  1. This really is a lovely deck. Thanks so much for sharing it. I especially like your interpretation "connecting with others towards a common goal" for the Two of Wands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zanna,

      It's one of the things that I'm coming to love about "semi-illustrated" pips - that they are often far more open to alternate interpretations ;)

      Delete
  2. wow, lots of your entries for me to catch up on. anyway just wanted to say, never heard of that deck before but lovely art. love your take on the single focus, many ways to get there idea. quite true in many cases :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonkers,

      It's a self-published deck by a woman who runs an occult store here in London. She's done nothing to publicise/sell it, and may not even be willing to send it abroad. As I say, I got it through a tarot friend, who spotted it while in the store one day. So, a hidden gem ;) If you're interested, you can try emailing her. And if she won't post abroad and you really want it, just let me know and I'll be happy to get and send you one!
      Cx

      Delete