Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Answer Spread

I recently saw this spread on The Art of Cartomancy's blog, and thought how good it looked.  So, I decided to give it a spin with my Kindergarten Lenormand.  My question: should I invite my mother and stepdad over for the 24th of December?

©Chloe McCracken

The first column shows the past/current situation, the second column is the answer, and the third column gives extra details. 

Book + Man - a secretive man.  Well, that would be my Dear One.  Although he decided he wanted to invite his family (including aunts, uncles and cousins) over to ours for the 25th, he doesn't actually have all that much contact with them, so it may well be a bit stilted.

Ship + Anchor - a foreigner's homebase and/or a trip that brings stability.  Here I see my mother: she is a foreigner, but our house has become homebase for Christmas since Big Boy, her only grandchild, was born.  Particularly as, being European, we normally celebrate on the 24th anyway.  Also, I have been worried about asking her to travel to ours on both the 24th and the 25th.  This suggests, though, that if the trip brings a feeling of stability it may still be welcomed.

Park + House - a family party.  This says that having my mum and stepdad over separately on the 24th will feel much more festive and also more of a true "family affair" than the time with DO's family.

So, based on this reading, I will ask.  After all, she can always say no if it doesn't suit them, but I think we'd all enjoy it if they did come.

2 comments:

  1. Would you have not asked if your reading led you to believe the cards suggested you shouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, Carla. If the reading had suggested she might feel obligated but resentful, maybe not. On the other hand, as I say, she can always say no... Sometimes with these readings, it's more about finding something to ask that I want to know about, but that isn't too personal or emotive...

      Delete