Saturday, 6 October 2012

Business Choices

Stella's Tarot
Obliquely, I've been referring in some of my readings this week to a new business project I have on the go.  It's got me quite excited, and now the initial planning stage is done I have to decide where to take things next.

I see three main options: try and go it on my own, approach some of the Big Boys of this particular market, or see if some of the small fish might be interested in taking a bite.   So, as you can see in the image to the right, I did a seven card draw with Stella's Tarot (AGM Müller, 2008) to look at these different options.

©Kaoruko & Hoei
It's interesting that there are Disks cards in every single area of this reading, confirming it's definitely about a business question! 

The heart of the matter is the Ten of Disks.  I read this as saying that for me this is about creating a legacy: something I can be proud of.  Of course, if it made lots of money that would be great, too :D  Overall, though, I see more the idea of inheritance - of creating something based on what we have inherited from those who have gone before, honouring them and making the most of it.

©Kaoruko & Hoei
In terms of going to the Big Boys, I drew the Five of Wands and the Six of Disks.  There's a lot of competition in this market, that's for sure.  I may have to really fight my corner.  While the Six of Disks could be read as saying I'd get what I deserve, I see it more as being given what they are willing to dispense in their wisdom (and position of power). 

I'm not sure I want to be that much under someone else's thumb.  After all, this is something I've been thinking about for years, but the first time that I actually have a proper plan.  It might be my only chance, so I'd like to do it right, not how someone else deems most profitable for them at this moment.

©Kaoruko & Hoei
As for going with a small fish, the cards are the Four of Disks and the Three of Disks.  So, the little fish are already feeling the squeeze in the current economic climate, and are unlikely to have a lot of resources.  Those they do have they will manage carefully, and there would be a lot of teamwork and compromise required.  It could go well, we could create something together that's bigger than any of us could manage on our own, but once again the sense I get is of being under someone else's control. As readings go it's not a big - Go For It!

©Kaoruko & Hoei
Finally, the cards for going it alone.  The Two of Disks says I might have to juggle quite a lot of different things.  Certainly, I don't know everything I'd need to know, and there'd be a large variety of tasks involved.  Still, I like that the two Disks are within a lemniscate created by a snake holding its own tail, ourouboros-like.  It suggests the Goddess, who encompasses infinite possibilities, lending her support (there is definitely a spiritual aspect to this idea). 

The Princess of Disks suggests there'll be a steep learning curve.  This Court card, though, is my favourite, the one I most aspire to.  It suggests that I have the enthusiasm and determination to do what's needed, and to learn and grow in the process.

So, I think that, at least for the moment, I'll take the first few steps alone.  I can always stop and reassess later...

4 comments:

  1. What a great reading! I am just dying to know what the project is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Carla said :P Wishing you all the best with it!

    ReplyDelete