Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Cherries or Tomatoes?

©Kat Black
Today's card from the Touchstone Tarot (Kunati, 2009) seems a little dark for the Nine of Cups...

A well-to-do man in a black, fur-lined coat sits at a table with a bowl of some red fruit in front of him.  He wears a ring on one finger, and a black hat with a gold brooch at the front.  Behind him on a shelf are nine gold cups, lined up in an ellipse.

The fruit in front of him (I think it's tomatoes, though it may be cherries) seems like a colourful delight.  Certainly, what many of us wish for is some kind of life-enhancing, different experience, something to bring a bit of colour to our existence.  He seems to have all he could desire - what is left?


As for me, all my wishes for today focus on this evening.  I am meeting with someone for my project, and hope to be able to make an announcement tomorrow.  It's something I've been wanting to do for years, and now I may get my chance.  Still, I am reminded of the shadow meaning of this card: be careful what you wish for.  I may be biting off quite a bit with this.  I believe, though, that I care about this project enough to make it happen, no matter what else comes along.

I am grateful for wishes granted, no matter the costs.

8 comments:

  1. I thought they were cherries when I did a reading on it a while back...http://rowantarot.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/lifeis-just-bowl-of-cherries.html

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you were right! Just checked the book. I wonder why I thought tomatoes - maybe something about his italianate look...
      :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, this project is making me so intrigued! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PLN.

      Now you know, glad I could finally start sharing :)

      Delete
  3. Fingers and toes crossed for you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm really excited about this - imagine, working with Will Worthington :D
      Cx

      Delete
  4. It's cherries. Look at the stems. :D And that better be a big YES YES YES on that project! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Arwen, yes, okay, cherries it is :) And it is a great big YES for the project - woot!

      Delete