Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Delightful Dance

©Jessica Shanahan
Don't you just love this card from Jessica Shanahan's Tarot of the Absurd?!

In this version of the Two of Cups, a man and woman dance together, each leaning on the other.  They would both fall over if the other wasn't there.  Yet they dance and trust, and do it with such looks of bliss on their faces :)

To me, this is the very essence of a loving relationship.  Trust, joy, sharing, being there for each other, and doing it all with a smile.  Of course, we don't always manage that balance; sometimes we fall over and there may be tears, or other spilled emotions.  Still, it's worth the effort, because loving and being loved is a beautiful thing!

This is just the perfect card for me today, too ;D  Tonight is "Date Night" for my Dear One and I.  It's something we instituted after our son was born - regular dates out, to give us some "couple" time, rather than always being "parents".  I highly recommend it - it really does make a difference.  Anyhow, today we're going to the cinema to see the latest Bond movie, and then for drinks and dinner.  I hope we can manage this kind of loving and joyful time together.

I am grateful for someone to love and be loved by.

4 comments:

  1. it is a great image for a 2 of cups, much more fun and dynamic than the traditional RWS take. Hope you and DO have a nice time :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonkers,
      Well, turns out the film wasn't on, despite being listed on their webpage. So, we just wandered round Camden Market instead :)

      Delete
  2. I love the way yo ave explained the Two of Cup, and I am entranced with the images of this deck you have shared. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Manda,
      I'm amazed you haven't already got this, there're not many decks that get passed you ;) Glad to be able to tempt you for a change!
      C

      Delete