Thursday, 25 October 2012

Happy Family

©Jessica Shanahan
This is another lovely card from Jessica Shanahan's Tarot of the Absurd

A family sit together, lovingly close.  The child sits in between the man and woman, gazing up adoringly at what I assume to be his mother.  His little hand reaches out to pat her face, while her arm wraps around her man's back.  They are all sat on a chest, with coins floating around them. 

They seem so secure, with each other and with their chest of stuff.  They have all they need for their happiness.  Not a huge house or a fancy car or an expensive suit.  Just what they need to get by, and each other.

I'm not sure how much time I'll have for this kind of family closeness today, as I have three meetings to attend.  So, I'll be out for much of the day.  Still, perhaps this is more a reminder to appreciate what I have, even if I'm not actually with my Dear One and Big Boy.  And to make the most of the time I do have with them!

I am grateful for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment