Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Imps Awry

©Kipling West
Today's card from the Halloween Tarot (U.S. Games, 1997) is rather different to traditional depictions of the Eight of Wands.

Here we have eight Imps flying around in the broad night sky.  A somewhat spooky house sits off in the distance by the side of a stream, and there's a little hill on the opposite side of the card to balance it out.  Still, the landscape is more like a footnote, as the sky and the imps dominate the majority of the card.  What I notice most is that, unlike the neatly lined up wands of traditional images, here the imps are flying all over the place, in every direction.  Several of them brandish arrows, giving them a cupid-like feel.

There is a sense of chaoticness to this card's energy.  A lot of movement, a lot of messages perhaps, but little order or clarity.  And made worse by heightened passions, perhaps...

Hmm, I can well imagine things going awry today.  I have a delivery that's scheduled, but the company are notoriously unreliable.  They've been known to show up not just at a different time to the one stated, but on a different day, despite ringing in person to arrange the delivery *doh*  I also have quite a few different projects that need working on - how to prioritise?

On a more pleasant note, I'm hoping to have time to do some more Blog Hopping, as last night the posts went out too late for me to read more than a couple.  That definitely counts as moving, and given the hugely different takes on the subject, the imps of inspiration certainly aren't all flying in a single direction across all those posts ;)

I am grateful for creative differences.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the delivery goes smoothly for once! I love the 8 of Wands as a card and for me things tend to go swiftly and smoothly with this card. I do hope that's the case for you.

    XO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MM,

    It actually all happened while I was asleep, so very smooth! Your interpretation was more spot on than mine. On the other hand, the day was very busy, with lots of different projects to work on, and I don't think I was always great at prioritising :/

    Huge hugs,
    Chloë

    ReplyDelete