Saturday, 27 October 2012

Lenormand Corner 8

After the news yesterday about my dissertation protocol being rejected, I felt pretty despondent.  Should I just give up on the whole idea, focus elsewhere?  Or try to alter it so it matches academia's criteria while still being something I want to do?  I turned to my Kindergarten Lenormand, to see what it had to say about the whole thing.
©Chloe McCracken

The cards I pulled were: Fox, Mountain, Park, Flowers, Paths, Stars, Dog, Letter, Sun.

It's interesting, there are a lot of positive cards in this draw, far more than I would expect.  At the centre is Paths: the fact that I have choices to make.  Well, duh!  Fox says I worked hard on this, but have come across a big obstacle.  However, with Park straight after, it makes me wonder about whether I can use my connections, my community, to find a way around this problem.

In the position of the past, I have Flowers.  A gift?  Perhaps this is talking about the Celtic Lenormand, something fun and beautiful which has appeared in my life recently.  This is one of the choices which I now have (Paths).  I need to look for guidance (Stars) in making this choice, and listen to my own higher self.

Dog in the past underlying position makes me think of a watchdog - in this case the reviewer.  I have received an email from him, a perfect example of Letter.  What of the sun, though?  As well as indicating happiness, it can also stand for our consciousness, for rationality.  So, an email from a watchdog, which is very rational.  I guess in terms of advice I see it suggesting I need to stay very logical, über rational, if I want to win the watchdog over.  I need to plan my arguments carefully and make sure there is no nook in which there are shadows to be exploited...

I also see the last line as friends (Dog) lending their support in the comments of my last post (Letter), which helps lift my mood (Sun) :)  Thanks, guys!

6 comments:

  1. oh Chloe - so sorry to hear that your dissertation protocal has been rejected. What now with it? Sending hugs (((hug)))

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs, Ali! I was pretty gutted when I read it, especially his sentence saying tarot was hokum! It'll take me a while to rethink, but I don't think I'll give up :)
      Cxx

      Delete
    2. Well I mean, who even says the word 'hokum'?? What a jerk. You will win out.

      Delete
    3. I'm going to have to have a rethink. But I'm not giving up! :D

      Delete
  2. Chloe, know that I am sending all my love and energy to surround you. (((gentle huggles))) Be kind with yourself and know that you have many caring friends that are near in spirit. Sending blessings of hope.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carmen, I really appreciate it. I wasn't expecting anyone to be quite that scathing, as everyone else there has been very open to tarot. Huggles much appreciated :) I am very grateful for the warmth and kindness of all my friends. (((hugs)))
      Chloë

      Delete