Thursday, 11 October 2012

Lakshmi

©Moore & Krysinski & Gabrielli
Today, the card I pulled from the Book of Shadows Tarot, As Above (Lo Scarabeo, 2012) is from the suit of Water.  In this deck, that equates to aspects of the Goddess.

Here we see the Hindu Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess of Abundance.  It's interesting, unlike the other suits in this deck, I can really see a connection between the Water cards and their RWS cup-cousins :)  The Nine of Cups often speaks of wishes being granted, of having an abundance of emotional satisfaction.  While Lakshmi is somewhat more focused on material abundance, there is still that sense of overflowing happiness.

In some ways, I do feel today that my cup runneth over :)  Things are very exciting at the moment with my project, which seems like it may be coming together.  Still, I have the feeling that Lakshmi's position, meditating on a lotus flower, also says something about my day - I could do with some quiet time to reflect and get more centred.  So much excitement draws me out in ways that are creative, but also quite draining.

I am grateful for the abundance in my life, in all its forms.

4 comments:

  1. Well as they say where I'm from yeee haaah! Very glad for you. Me, I seem to be suffering from physical manifestations of ennui combined with menopausal hormone fluctuations. Phhht

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aack! So not looking forward to menopausal hormone fluctuations :( Hopefully, the Tarot Conference will take your mind off it a bit ;D

      Delete
  2. How nice to have the excitement of things coming together and feeling energized by it, but I totally get being drained at the same time. I always have to watch myself when I get on a roll because it's easy for me to burn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean! I get so excited I don't sleep, well, even less than I normally sleep. Still, I get a lot done... Hope things are good with you :)

      Delete