Monday, 8 October 2012

Ostara

©Moore & Krysinski & Gabrielli
Today we see another card from the Wheel of the Year series in the Book of Shadows Tarot, As Above (Lo Scarabeo, 2012).  In Barbara's system, Temperance is equated with Ostara, both the Goddess and the time of year :)

The Goddess-as-Maiden stands next to a pond pouring rainbow-hued water onto a bowl of eggs.  She wears a flower crown and a pale lilac gown, and fluffy white pollen dances around her: the air is literally alive with new potential.  At her feet is a brown bunny, and in her arms a white one.  This holiday falls on the Spring Equinox, so it's a time for balance, as well as fertility.

I like the idea shown here of imbuing life with colour and joy, while still maintaining balance.  It highlights that equilibrium doesn't have to mean boredom or stagnation!  We can find a dynamic balance even at our growing edge, where everything we do means we have to adjust a little bit and we are constantly exploring and developing.

Today, I shall draw a little colour into my life by meeting up with a friend from college for lunch.  And I shall push my boundaries a little, bringing new potential into my life, by handing in the hardcopy of my dissertation protocol and working a bit more on my business plan :)

I am grateful for the excitement of harmonious growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment