Saturday, 13 October 2012

Perfection

©Kat Black
This week I'll be blogging with the sumptuous Touchstone Tarot (Kunati, 2009) by Kat Black.

What better way to start the week than with the World?  A male figure holds two wands, one above his hed, the other pressed to his left hip.  His decency is protected only by the drape of a red cloth around his hips.  Encircling him is a laurel wreath - symbol of victory - and in the corners we see a woman, an eagle, a bull, and a lion.  So, there is a slight gender twist here: a man in the centre, and a woman instead of the evangelist Matthew in the top left corner of the card.  Still, the sense of success, completion, and being watched over are still clearly present.

This seems a very appropriate card for today, as I will be spending the day at the UK Tarot Conference.  What greater sense of fulfillment and joy can there be than dedicating a day to tarot luminaries, decks and good friends? :) 

I am grateful for the many joys of life.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, you got one! I drew from two different decks about today and I got 3 of Coins for both. Will I be put through my paces today?? I have to admit, I've not done a tarot reading in a while...I've been messing with Lenormand and other oracles instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and you helped enable me with it :) The Three of Coins was pretty appropriate, too - lots of readings where people all chipped in, one way and another :D

      Delete