Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Samhain Tarot Blog Hop

Halloween Tarot ©Kipling West
Welcome to another Tarot Blog Hop!  You may have popped in from Joanna at Sun Goddess Tarot, or found your way here by some other route.  In either case, I'd thoroughly recommend you hop around the rest of the offerings this All Hallows Eve!

When our wrangler, Amethyst Mahoney, proposed a hop to do with exploring our shadow, I thought it sounded pretty good.  Not that I like my shadow, by definition it's made up of the bits I don't like, that scare me, or that I'm ashamed of.  Still, I've been in therapy for 9 years and I work as a counsellor myself, so I know this stuff is important.  What to write about, though, and how personal to get?

Then, as we got closer to the date something else happened: my life has been super exciting and super busy because of the Celtic Lenormand project.  I've been feeling so energised and enthused, my therapist even commented on it.  And then he asked me to turn around 180 degrees and look at what was behind all that.  Not that I had to go into it, but at least be aware of it.

I took a good hard look, and decided that was more than I wanted to share here.  So, what to do instead?  Well, the Lenormand has been my solace of late, why not go with that?  One of the big differences people mention between the Lenormand and tarot is that Lenormand readings are less psychological, more "just the facts".  Still, wanting to stay on topic, I thought: "How about using a Lenormand reading to look at the symptoms of shadow issues, rather than the issues themselves - how the shadow is playing out within my life, rather than my psyche?"

©Chloë McCracken
I've been eating very badly for the last month, despite feeling creative and energised, so it's clearly a shadow symptom.  I laid out nine cards from the Kindergarten Lenormand to look at what's going on with my nutrition and diet.

Right from the get-go, this reading hits the spot.  With the Child at the centre, I am forced back to the things I don't want to talk about.  While the Lenormand may stick to facts, those facts affect our psyches.

The Child at the heart of the reading is true in four different ways.  Just with that one card this reading hits on so much.  And thinking about it, I realise that is probably half the problem: there are too many fragile things in need of nurture in my life.  Anyhow, in interpreting the rest of the cards I'll stick with just one of those four "Child" elements in my life.

I've been doing a lot of research for the Celtic Lenormand (Tower), but still face any number of obstacles to get it done (Mountain).  After all, at the moment it is mainly just a bunch of briefs on Will Worthington's computer, with about 6 cards sketched in black and white, and one now being completed in colour.  So, the cards still need to be painted, the book still needs to be written, I still need to look into printing options, publishing options, marketing... the list goes on.

No wonder I am nervous and eating to push away the fear!  So much to be done, a lot of it things I've never done before: I'm way out of my comfort zone.  All the worrying about it (Clouds) is impacting on my sense of well-being and health (Tree), so that I fall back on old patterns from the past (Anchor).  Of course, it is mainly in my own head - it is pressure I put on myself, rather than coming from anyone external - hence Woman at the start of the first line followed closely by Clouds.

The Scythe, though, gives me hope that it is within my power to make a break with these negative patterns, and find something which is more growthful for me.  I read the last column as saying that taking a positive and rational/organised approach (Sun) despite the obstacles (Mountain), will help me make cut these bad patterns out (Scythe).

Although this reading could have gone several different ways, I think that even just sticking to this one interpretation was helpful.  I hope that I will bring the light of my conscious mind to bear, overcoming these fears and making a break with this shadow symptom.

Thanks for stopping by!  Now, I hope you'll hop along to TABI's blog and see what else there is to read on this Halloween Blog Hop.

14 comments:

  1. I got a little teary-eyed reading this. Hugs, woman. Just long fierce loving hugs. The Celtic Lenormand is going to be amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs, Arwen, and as they say: "from your lips to the Goddess' ears" :)

      Delete
  2. I've always thought of you as very calm and grounded - hope normal transmission will be resumed shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I think if you saw me or communicated with me I'd still appear calm and grounded - I'm just a simmering pot of nerves under the surface ;)

      Delete
  3. Great post! I'm sure the new deck is going to be just fantastic! And I agree with you on the "too personal" piece...that was a concern of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John, I shall be interested to read how you dealt with the "too personal" bit... C

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this with us and know as you face the newness of the amazing new deck there are many of us near in spirit that are just an email away to lend support. It will be brilliant and your light will shine through all of of this to lift the shadows.

    Brightest Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words of support, Carmen. You are a light already :)
      BB, C

      Delete
  5. Thank You for sharing so your multi-layered process. My kudos to you for your process where the destruction and razing(scythe)through healing also seems to be directly influencing the creation of your deck. That really sounds like strong and healthy medicine. Hey, like an ant, that mountain will be moved a grain at a time onto your Lenormand completion platform. I especially full-on dig that your "just the facts" become a face of the depths right in plain sight. I bet the deck-mountain you end up moving is a powerful tool. Best to You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, gotta get me some of that ant juju! Thanks, Jordan :)

      Delete
  6. Chloe - You're one of the most grounded (and nicest) people that I've ever had the privilige to meet. I wish you the fortitude and love to get out of those shadows. The deck will be wonderful! Sending you love and hugs

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali, thanks for the hugs. It's weird, because I'm still functioning in a calm and grounded fashion. Just not where my eating is concerned... I guess I put all my worry in a box and then try to keep it closed with the weight of food :( I do hope the deck will be wonderful - I feel a lot of responsibility: I can't let down Will's fabulous artwork!

      Cxx

      Delete
  7. Sometimes it's the people, who seem the calmest and most composed that deep down panic and feel overwhelmed, perhaps because they prefer not to admit it in public - a shadow aspect in itself ;) But you've done it here, so kudos to you and a big virtual hug coming your way ;) All will be well!

    I'm looking forward to the Celtic Lenormand being published and reading the companion book you are writing, hope I won't have to wait too long...no pressure ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christiane,

      It's funny, the day of the hop and the day after, I ate well. Perhaps because I had exposed that shadow! Hasn't lasted, though, so I will have to renew my efforts :(

      As for the deck, it won't be before next summer, though Will's really whizzing along with it at the moment... :)

      Delete