Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Shoes

©P & J House
Today's card from the Tarot House deck amuses me, for some reason.

Here we meet the Queen of Pentacles.  This fine lady sits on a chaise longue with a red velvet cover that matches the curtain behind her, and also the foot stool on which she balances one red shod foot.  Her dress is of golden cloth and her crown echoes this, gold embedded with red stones.  On the grey rock wall behind her hangs a shield, with tripartite crimson, gold and brown segments and a golden pentacle centrepiece.  The pentacle is echoed in the front of the chest that sits beside her chaise longue.

Altogether, there is a feeling of almost decadent wealth here.  I imagine that those perky red shoes are just one pair among many, a collection Imelda Marcos would be proud of :D  She is a woman who loves luxury, and who feels she deserves it.  I see her, too, as someone who has earned it: she works hard for what she has.  Though she looks like a delicate blossom, she knows how to make the most of what she has, in every regard.

Well, I'm not a big fan of shoe shopping!  So, I guess what I see in this card for myself is the suggestion to take some time and pamper myself.  I want to dye my hair, and make some time to meditate.  I also need to get some paperwork done - bleuch!  Ah well, this too will pass...

I am grateful for quick-and-easy home hair dyes ;)

6 comments:

  1. This Queen of Pentacles is certainly in touch with her materialistic side! It's nice to see that part of her rather than all the mini-Empress earth mother stuff you get in many pagan decks. You go, shoe girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, it's nice to see a more materialistic Queen, as that's definitely a part of our society, and hence of us :)

      Delete
  2. Hehe--so funny. It is a humorous card.

    It's funny...I don't like most clothes shopping, and I have a feeling it's because I'm plus-sized.

    However, I don't mind shoe shopping because my feet don't change size, and even though shoes vary from brand to brand, at least I can guarantee that it will be easier to get something.

    Then again, I didn't have luck the other day when I was looking for fall shoes. Everything was either high heels or really uncomfortable slip-ons/flats. So strange!

    Hah...love lots,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm not plus-sized and I still hate clothes shopping! I actually hate shoe shopping even more, though :o I'd go barefoot all the time if I could - little savage, me ;D

      Lotsa love,
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. Imelda meets Cinderella with a bit of Dorothy Gayle thrown in. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *doh* Had to google Dorothy Gayle! Of course, the most famous red shoes in modern culture :D

      Delete