Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Spellcasting

©Moore & Krysinski & Gabrielli
Yet another Major card from the Book of Shadows Tarot, As Above (Lo Scarabeo, 2012) today.  This one, though, is part of the "Pagan Experience" section: Spellcasting.

Equivalent to Strength in a traditional deck, this is another card that I really like.  A woman draws in energy, and then directs it in a focused way from within the safe space of her circle.  The hem of her dress, and one of the pieces that flows from it, create the traditional lemniscate symbol around her.  And while there is no lion or other fierce beast in sight, there is a little white bunny almost hiding under her skirt ;)

To me, this card speaks of how we have to channel our energy and not allow distractions from our emotions when working magic.  It is about taming our inner beast in order to have that focus that we need to be able to effect our will.  As Barbara puts it: "As humans, it seems that part of our lesson on earth is to muster up and properly channel our will, which sometimes seems too weak or too strong." 

This is a timely reminder for me.  I have been planning on some focused work, but was distracted from it yesterday by Big Boy not being in school.  So, I hope to make up for it today.  I have all the tools I need, now I just need to muster my will and my focus.

I am grateful for clarity of purpose.

4 comments:

  1. A Gemini woman who has clarity of purpose and channeling her will?? Look out World, there is a force of nature making moves and getting results!

    xx
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your lips to the ears of the Goddess :)

      Cxx

      Delete
  2. Love this card and what you had to say about it. I really feel I have all the tools I need to move forward with my plans. I just need to focus and do it.

    Have to look into this deck and no doubt it will be going on my list.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Glad you like the card - it is pretty powerful! And I know what you mean about the dangers of reading blogs: clickety-itus ;)

      Delete