Thursday, 4 October 2012

Starlight

©P & J House
Ah, what a lovely card to get as this week with the Tarot House deck draws to a close!

A blonde woman in a diaphonous white dress sits on a dark, rocky outcropping, and pours water into the river beneath her.  The blue waters of the river flow between dark rocks limned by the light of a brilliant star which shines above.  And the star's reflection glows in the waters beneath the woman's feet.

Normally, I feel that the nakedness of the woman on the Star card represents her vulnerability.  This card still gives that feeling, but through her position on a dark and rocky ledge above fast-flowing water.  The idea of generosity is also still present.  Although she doesn't pour water onto the earth, she presses her hand into it, connecting to the earth and the water both. 

I get a sense of being guided by the star's light, but more than that, of that guidance being available to us in many guises.  It is not just a beacon of hope "out there", but something which is reflected in every aspect of our lives, if we are willing to take the time to look for it.

I hope the session with my therapist this afternoon will help me see the points of light in my life.  There are a couple of things that have me really excited.  Still, I find that the more I wish for something the more I also get afraid that it won't work out.  So, a reminder that I should just enjoy the journey, wherever it takes me, perhaps?

I am grateful for new projects to share with the world.

6 comments:

  1. Great card...I like that it does it without nudity for a change!

    I love your interpretation, and I hope there is some goodness and healing coming into your life despite all the intense challenges lately.

    I was thinking the other day about the saying that we create pain for ourselves when we try to make things the way we think they should be rather than they are. I'm not really sure if I agree with that entirely, but it does make me realize how often I try to force a certain mold onto my life and when it doesn't go that way I do get pretty upset. I'm hoping to learn flexibility about my life, too...thanks for the reminder!



    Starry hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      I normally approve of the nudity in the Star - I don't find it gratuitous, but meaningful. Still, as you say it's nice to see other ways to express the same sentiment.

      I really get what you mean about trying to force your life into a particular shape, and getting upset when things don't work out. Flexibility sounds like a good approach.

      Love the starry hugs!
      Cxxx

      Delete
    2. Hi, MM. In my beliefs, we make pain for ourselves when we refuse to accept that things are the way they are. That is something that has to be done before we can change anything. The pain comes from constantly asking 'Why me? Why?' instead of saying, 'This is happening and it is my reality. Now what can I do about it?'

      It sounds simple but so many people never get past asking WHY someone (or the universe, or even God) is doing something to them, and feeling ill-treated.

      I also think it's important to look at what our reasons are for wanting to 'force our lives into a particular shape', as Chloe puts it. It could be that that shape isn't what we even truly want.

      Wow, it's early for all this! :D

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Chloë!

      Yes, I didn't mean nudity is bad--I used to teach life drawing and nudity was necessary. Hehe. No, I am sorry for sounding prudish. I guess i just meant sometimes it's refreshing. And some decks go overboard with nudity. But then again, sometimes the nudity feels right. I guess it just depends!

      Hi Carla,

      Yeah, that is part of that whole forcing thing. The questioning and dwelling. I guess there's a place for everything, though, even the questioning. Sometimes questions lead us to important and helpful (and healing) places, which is why counseling can be valuable.

      Hope you have a nice day, folks!

      Hugs,
      MM

      Delete
  2. I really like how you interpreted this card. I often see The Star as an angel/loved one who is with us and offering guidance and hope.

    xx,
    VK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely perspective, Krysten :)
      Cxx

      Delete