Monday, 22 October 2012

Stepping Up

©Jessica Shanahan
Today's card from Jessica Shanahan's Tarot of the Absurd is also the card which graces the front of the packaging the deck comes in: the Page of Blades.

Somewhere on her site, Jessica comments that she doesn't know why she put a crown over the Page's head - perhaps a Thoth Princess influence.  I rather like it, to be honest.  Especially in this card, it suggests a certain illumination or wisdom, small now, but that will grow.  I also like the way this Page stands on books, as though absorbing their wisdom so that she can reach a little farther than those she learns from.  She can also back up any argument, from the books behind her.  It's only a small bookshelf, though, so there is still a world of wisdom waiting to be discovered.

An enthusiastic student - sharp of wit, full of confidence - who may not yet understand just how big and wide the world is: that's what I see in this card!

For myself, I'd definitely like to do some research today, as well as some writing - both for the Celtic Lenormand, and some reviews I've had on the side lines.  This card suggests to me, too, that I may need to keep an eye on being too smart for my own good.  A little humbleness can open up far more learning than pretending to know it all!  And there is so much to learn in this world...

I am grateful for the wealth of ideas and information available to me.

6 comments:

  1. It seems to be such a fulfilling and productive time for you right now! (Whereas I always seem to be in a funk LOL). Hope you get time to do all the research you want to do. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, it seems to me you've been doing a lot of interesting stuff lately. Perhaps you don't give yourself enough credit. And your chakra version of the esoteric celtic cross was very creative!
      Cx

      Delete
  2. I like your thoughts here a lot Chloe. Especially when it concerns the kind of writing I imagine you are involved in. Some writers proclaim to know it all, and nobody really does. I find those who write with a more exploratory style are often more interesting. That balance often works well for me. It becomes more adventurous, rather than a cold list of do's, don'ts and facts. You have a lovely colloquial writing style, which brings people in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot coming from you! You have a wonderful style that informs and opens things up at the same time :) I was thinking more in terms of being open to things in research, but you've made me think about how to put things down in the book, too...

      Delete
  3. yes, i also quite like the crowns on the pages/princesses, i must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And after all, pages were often members of other noble houses... ;)

      Delete