Thursday, 18 October 2012

To Dare

©Kat Black
Our second-to-last day sees an unusual perspective on the Nine of Wands from the Touchstone Tarot (Kunati, 2009).

A woman stands in old-fashioned but rather fancy dress in front of a wall.  We can see eight wands poking up from behind the wall, and she holds the ninth in her left arm.  She also seems to have some kind of bandage across her forehead, though it's not terribly clear given she's wearing an elaborate hat.  It also doesn't seem to match well with her square-necked dress and gem-heavy necklace.  Not exactly ideal fighting apparel, is it?

I imagine her walking the dangerous streets at night, having left the safety of her walled home, wand in hand in case she has to face any brigands.  What a well-to-do lady would be doing out on her own, though, is less clear.  Rather daring, really! 

I'm not sure how daring I plan to be today.  Still, I want to try to sort out a new website for my soon-no-longer-to-be-secret project ;)  I bought the domain name, but haven't yet managed to link the associated blog to it.  If all goes well, I'll post later today for the big unveiling...

I am grateful for the courage and energy to face technical difficulties.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You have certainly got the Knight of Swords spirit about this project, haven't you! :)

    I always just thought that was her hair, or some sort of veil or wimply thing tucked in. I imagine her walking along the turrets of her castle, with the other wands representing her soldiers and so on. She's got some rather grand defenses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what an interesting take on her - walking her ramparts! I love that we can see such different things in the cards :) Admittedly, your interp fits the traditional meaning much better. I guess we see what we need to see...Cxx

      Delete
  2. The suspense around your project is working it's magic .. can't wait to hear what it is!

    Maybe the unveiling in itself and your project is where your protection lays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      Well, the suspense is over, just posted about it ;)

      Cx

      Delete