Friday, 19 October 2012

Trance

©Kat Black
For this last day with the Touchstone Tarot (Kunati, 2009), we have what is probably my favourite card this week: the Hermit.

I love the way he looks as though he's moved by spirit, swaying to a rhythm only he can feel.  He is surrounded by animals: a wise owl, an independent, protective stag and a playful cat.  They remind us that we can learn through play as much as through study, and that what we learn we then offer up to others.  His light swings with his movement, casting its beam in all directions, just as we can shine our inner light in many different ways.

I was supposed to be meeting with a friend today, but she texted yesterday to say she was feeling unwell.  Instead, I hope to make time for some meditation - I've been so busy with the Celtic Lenormand (come check us out on Facebook, too) that I haven't meditated all week!  Still, I guess the research I need to do for it also counts as study, and there's certainly a spiritual aspect to it... :)

I am grateful for the messages of spirit.

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I never thought of the Hermit as swaying to his groovy vibe. I just thought he was looking rather coy. :D

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw him, I thought of the Alanis Morissette song So Pure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJbU53q2oIY) The lyrics include: "love you when you dance, when you freestyle in trance, so pure, such an expression" :)

      Hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. Love your interpretation of this Hermit. And so true, we must remember to have fun. This is my first time seeing Touchstone Tarot cards.

    I also pulled the Hermit this evening (from Tarot of the Moon Garden deck)but with a much different vibe to it. Mine was more about tying up loose ends and not dwelling on the past. Fits.

    Enjoy :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we each get what we need from the cards, Carol!

      Wishing you a lovely weekend, with plenty of closure :)

      Delete