Monday, 15 October 2012

Variation on a Reading

Earlier today, someone asked me if I wanted them to keep quiet about the project I'm involved in, particularly with regard to someone else who is in the same field and a friend of theirs.  I decided to do a quick reading on it with the recently released, recoloured Hello Kitty Tarot by Brittany Tingey (2012).  Positions are:  
Don't - Justice 
Situation - High Priestess
Do - King of Wands
The result looked like this:


Scaredy Cat Reading


My first response to this was, the situation is one which requires silence.  I shouldn't worry about being fair to all parties, but try to enforce my will to keep things quiet.

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar Reading


My second response was: I am the High Priestess, I am the Oracle.  I am whole unto myself and have nothing to fear from others.  I shouldn't worry about legal technicalities - the possibility of someone stealing my idea, or persuading my colleague not to sign the contract we've negotiated.  Instead, I should go forth bravely, and try to forge new relationships, perhaps with someone whom I respect.

And so, I contacted the person and said that, other than specific details, I was happy for them to talk to their friend about it.  In response, I am now going to meet them and their friend on Wednesday.

For me, this was a striking instance of just how differently the same cards can be interpreted.  Both readings fit within traditional notions of these cards.  The difference is in my attitude, not in the cards.  And I decided that I want to approach life from a position of trust, and of self-belief, not of fear and paranoia.  Of course, that trust could be abused.  Still, I have no reason to doubt the goodness of either of the other people involved, and several reasons to believe that they are honourable people deserving of respect, and willing to give it.  I hope I am proved right...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chloë!

    This sounds exciting...I agree that it is better to not operate from paranoia, but I'm sure there's a balance to be had. So curious about the details of your project (swear I won't steal it!)

    Much Love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      It is exciting - at least to me! I hope to go public with it soon... In the meantime, I've emailed you ;)

      Much love,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. I don't see your scaredy cat reading. Justice is in the 'Don't' position, which says to me, don't weigh up the pros and cons. And don't be scared --cause boy does that little ducky look scared! The High Priestess as situation seems so perfect I wonder if you put it down as a significator. And of course the King of Wands is Mr Razzle Dazzle 'em, so I think the cards definitely say, 'Share!' (Within reason. Even Mr Razzle Dazzle will only perform his show for those he can sell a car to or whatever.) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm going for it. Wish me luck tomorrow *fingers crossed*
      Cxx

      Delete
  3. just had to say, that deck is SO cute :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! And it reads well, too. It was the main deck I used at the Tarot Conference - which worked nicely even in the Tarot and the Shadow workshop. Sometimes you need something to lighten the mood ;)

      Delete