Sunday, 7 October 2012

Weekly Reflective Reading With the BoS

I really enjoyed last week's reflective draw, and I certainly think I saw its influence over the last seven days, so I decided to do one again this week :)

Book of Shadows Tarot As Above

What did I do well last week? - XIII Yule

What I did well last week was accept the inevitable letting go of what has passed its time.  After my miscarriage, I could have let my energy, my creativity, stagnate.  Instead, I've written and submitted my dissertation protocol, and come up with a business idea that I'm starting to try and put out into the world :)

What do I need to carry forward into this week? - VIII Spellcasting

What I need to carry forward is the strength to make my will manifest, to create what I want in life.  I need to channel my energy, and focus it clearly.  Definitely seeing both the dissertation and project in that!

And what should I be on the lookout for this week? - Nine of Air

Hmm, this is an interesting one.  This card is equivalent to the Nine of Swords, but in the Book of Shadows Tarot As Above, the whole suit of Air is dedicated to different forms of divination.  And here we see runes and the World Tree (Yggdrasil). 

What I see here is the need to do some research, to take some time to learn about the areas I'll need for my business project, and my dissertation, as Odin did when he hung on the World Tree and learnt the runes.  This may be hard work and require some sacrifice, but it will be worth it :)

12 comments:

  1. Those cards look lovely in that trio! And a very useful reflective read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      Yes, I think many of the cards in this deck are lovely. Though, as you say, the gnomes don't really do it for me... And yes, I'm really enjoying these reflective readings for the week - liked your one, too :)

      Delete
  2. That is a great reading and makes me want to do a reflective reading for my week, too. Aren't reflective readings great??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I'm very impressed by how you've taken a stressful situation and turned it into a learning opportunity. That must be one of your strengths! I tend to wallow a lot, I am rather embarrassed to say. But eventually I do something about it. It's better to save yourself the pain and try to move forward with your life, although recognizing pain and dealing with it is important, which I guess requires a bit of wallowing.

    Anyway...I am excited to hear about your endeavors and whatever else you're up to!

    Mega Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      It's one of those things. Sometimes I wallow, and sometimes I think it's important to take the time to wallow. I've been wondering if I'm avoiding emotions by all this energy and enthusiasm. Still, it is very real. Maybe some time in the future I'll need to have more of a cry... we'll see.

      Mega Hugs to you, too :)
      Chloë

      Delete
  4. great reading idea, and reading. pretty cards. good luck with keeping on with things :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonkers. I got the idea from Carla (Rowan Tarot) who was doing daily reflective readings for a while. It's definitely an interesting exercise :)

      Delete
  5. Love this deck and the reading is very insightful. You have a beautiful soul my friend and I'm sending lots of love and light your way.

    Brightest Blessings
    Carmen
    aka RainbowGypsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carmen, for the love and light - much appreciated.

      Brightest Blessings to you, too, and I'm looking forward to insightful readings with the Rainbow Travellers!
      Chloë

      Delete
  6. Those are beautiful cards! Nice reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Siddaleah. It's definitely a very interesting deck :)

      Delete