Sunday, 11 November 2012

Adept?

©Cori & Bartha
As I mentioned yesterday, pretty much everything in the Sirian Starseed Tarot (North Atlantic Books, 2012) has been renamed.  Today's card acts as a good introduction to the Courts.  Here we find Seekers, Adepts, Sages and Masters, instead of the more traditional Pages, Knights, Queens and Kings.

Meet the Adept of Crystals, or Knight of Pentacles.  An Asian-looking man stands in the forefront, holding a glowing crystal.  He wears an aqua overshirt which appears an almost indigo blue where it reflects the crystal's light.  Both his overshirt and black undershirt have gold trim at neck and sleeves, and he wears a ring on his right middle finger.  To me, he suggests an enjoyment of the material, yet also a connection to spirit.

Behind him is Schloss Neuschwannstein, the Bavarian castle on which the Disney logo was based.  It was an amazing feat of engineering and perseverance to build it on the side of a mountain in the south of Germany in the 1800's.  There is an aspect of folly to it which I associate more with the headstrong Wands suit, but it's true that King Ludwig did get it built, so I can see the link to the hardworking, determined Knight/Adept of Crystals/Pentacles.

Today, I'd like to call on the Adept of Crystals' perseverance.  I have a couple of tasks that really need doing, but which are rather repetitive and dull.  Still, they have to be done, so I'd better get to it.  This particular Adept of Crystals reminds me, too, to stay present with what I'm doing, and maybe take a break to go for a walk outside, blow the cobwebs away, so I can stay clear and focused :)

I am grateful for work I find uplifting.

From Sirian Starseed Tarot by Patricia Cori and Alysa Bartha, published by North Atlantic Books, copyright © 2012 by Patricia Cori and Alysa Bartha. Reposted by permission of publisher.

2 comments: