Monday, 5 November 2012

Healer of Swords

©Carmen Waterman
How funny, this card came up in my reflective reading as what to look out for this week, then it appears as the daily card the very next day!  This is the equivalent of the Queen of Swords in traditional decks, as the Rainbow Travellers Tarot (Carmen Waterman, 2012) renames the Courts: Muse, Protector, Healer and Mentor.

A woman stands in a starlit landscape.  Her golden dress swirls around her, and she clasps a double-bladed sword in both hands.  Her hair is a dark silver, suggesting wisdom gathered over time.  Above her hangs a moon that combines a silver waning with a full moon.  She uses both intellect and intuition to cut through the issues that come her way, while the wisdom she has gained allows her to dance lightly, even through hard times.

My experiences last week showed me that rising above certain disputes, not allowing my energy to be sucked into them, was far more helpful than jumping in with two feet.  I think this is one of the lessons the Healer of Swords has learned (as opposed to the Knight/Protector who has a tendency to charge into things). 

This card suggests I may have need of this again today.  It certainly doesn't feel like something that I've got down pat, yet.  I read something on-line, and feel instantly criticised even if it isn't directly addressed to me.  Part of the lesson, then, is being less quick to rush in, another part is healing my own sense of being judged, of not being good enough.  The Healer of Swords cuts through to what is essential and ignores what is not.  Self-criticism is definitely part of what isn't essential!  Although she doesn't take BS, she's also empathetic, both towards herself and others, and those are another two characteristics I may need to emulate today.

I am grateful for the reminder to think before I speak, and to be as gentle with myself as I would be with a friend.

8 comments:

  1. You see, this is part of the reason why I left both Facebook and my subscription to AT. Sometimes the internet can loom far to largely in our lives and take on more importance than it should. Remarks by others, even if not directed to us, can cloud an entire day or week. And in reality, it doesn't matter at all. Just try being online (or thinking about being online) a bit less today and see how that unburdens you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you're right in one way, but on the other hand... it isn't the remarks that are the problem, it's how I feel about and respond to them. Of course, one answer is to remove myself from the remarks, so they don't have a chance to affect me. The other is to work through and deal with my responses, which after all say at least as much about me as the remarks say about those that make them. Both choices are completely acceptable, I just feel the latter is better for me, as I also have positive reasons to maintain my on-line presence... Still, I also have a lot to do today, so may not be able to spend as much time on-line anyway ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear--what happened?

    Well, whatever it was...sorry about that!

    I love the badass nature of the card. Glamorous/badass/etc...well, anyway. I like her better than the brooding lady in the 8 of Cups, too! ;)

    We're in the shadow period of mercury retrograde. I know disputes/misunderstandings are traditionally more likely.

    Sending you smooth vibes for your day,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      Yes, I think glamorous badass is a good description of this card :)

      You mentioned the mercury retrograde on your blog, how long does this sucker last?

      Vibey smoothness to you,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. Hi Chloë!

      It lasts for the entirety of November. Almost. November 6-26!

      I'm very curious to see if this impacts the election here in the U.S. It's tomorrow!

      Hugs and Goodness,
      MM

      Delete
    3. Hi MM,

      Yes, that will be interesting! I'm already reading lots of stuff about conflict of interest between ballot machine makers and politicians. Hopefully not a repeat of when Bush "won" :(

      Blessed ballot day ;)
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. I love the description of glamorous badass! It fits perfectly and I am so touched by being able to read and see what people see in the cards I created.

    I for one am so glad you post and connect with us through the links of social media. I think the world has opened up so much and agree that it is difficult at times to realize the way that people respond is "more about them and their journey." I am getting better at it yet it is a lesson I continue to need to practise as living authentically is so important to me. It is ok if people don't get it, or agree with us. Know that you are making a difference and doing what you are meant to do. I'm sorry you were hurt by someone's comment and hope you feel the caring hearts that reach out to surround you with encouragement. Be true to yourself and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen,

      You're right, I get so much positive from this medium, as well as the negative bits. And that's just how life goes, I guess. I love what you say about living authentically, that's such a wise way to put it :)

      Thank you for being a part of the positive on here, and for the reminder, too!

      Blessings, Chloë

      Delete