Friday, 23 November 2012

Lennie Week - Mystique d'Epoque

Mystique d'Epoque Lenormand
For this last day of Lennie week, I have chosen another favourite, self-published deck.  The Mystique d'Epoque Lenormand was created by Pepi Valderrama, and is also available through The Game Crafter.  It is a light deck with simple, fun images, and with four extra cards including a cat, a monkey (which came up in my nine card houses spread on Monday), and a pretty girl-witch flying on a broom ;)

Mice, Monkey, Key
Our cards for the day are Mice, Monkey (again!) and Key.  Mice stand for loss, theft, and things being otherwise reduced, undermined or tainted.  Monkey I take as being about playfullness, flexibility and adaptability.  Key stands for success, certainty, unlocking, and skills such as problem solving.

Playful loss is the key.
Being adaptable in problem-solving reduces losses.
Nimble theft opens doors.
Successful monkey business leads to losses.
When facing losses, being adaptable is key to getting through.
Adaptable reduction is a skill.

A couple of these chime with me today.  I have been doing alternating days of normal eating and daylight fasting this week.  It strikes me as strange, but I find it easier not to eat at all during the day than to eat moderately if I do eat!  So, reducing my eating in this way has been working quite well, and I haven't been overeating on the non-fasting days, either.  Hopefully, this is something that I will get skilled at, making it a part of my lifestyle.  My Dear One has been doing 36 hour fasts once a week for a few months, now, and has noticed a general reduction in appetite.  He also now has very sexy abs and no paunch (not that he had much before, but the difference is noticeable).  I'm hoping that, in the long term, this will work for me, too.

I am grateful for being able to do different things on different days, life would be boring if it was always the same.

8 comments:

  1. I have been doing 5:2 this week, having chosen Tuesdays and Thursdays as my 'fast days'. On 5:2, you can take in up to 500 calories on fast days. I maybe went over that a bit, but agree that fasting days are actually not nearly as horrible as one might think, and on the nonfasting days, I didn't eat more than I normally would, in fact less. So I will continue with this pattern of eating. My weight is down 1.2 lbs from Wednesday (I've decided to weigh on Wednesdays--did just now out of curiosity), so I'll be interested to see how much it is down after one full week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's impressive! I'm glad this seems to be working out for you, too :)

      My fasts haven't been anywhere near that strict. Still, just the fact of going 13 hours without food while carrying on a normal lifestyle, and not eating more at the meals I do eat, will hopefully pay off in the long run. It'll take me longer, but then I don't want to risk my sleep or fertility...

      Delete
    2. Actually my sleep seems improved (I have been troubled by it lately as you know) and I'm too far past it for fertility to be a concern. In fact, any disruptions would be a welcome layer of security to get me through to my crone years. ha

      Delete
    3. Glad to hear you're sleeping better, that's good news :) I love that you are embracing the crone - like with enjoying the lines on your hands. Such a wise approach to take.

      Delete
  2. totally charming deck!
    and as long as you stay healthy with the eating, sounds like that regime working well for you :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely deck, isn't it :) And yes, this feels pretty healthy, in fact they say fasting reduces your risk of cancer and heart disease, as well as reducing colds and other minor stuff *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  3. Interesting idea. I've read some about fasting but I find the alternating days idea fascinating. I am not sure if I could do it, but maybe! I find myself hungry on some days and hardly hungry at all on others. I often force myself to eat because I have heard not eating leads to stored fat/slow metabolism, but I think this is a case of individualism being important.

    Then again, I do think as a rule most people overeat, and I am among them. It doesn't help that every food/health rule seems to contradict the other. Oy vey!!! Anyway. My goal lately is to avoid empty calories and carbs and drink lots of water. But I think one of these days I may try your alternating fasting approach.

    Hope you continue to see improvements.

    Huggos,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I say, I'm doing a very mild form, just not eating between breakfast and dinner. Still, I hope it will have an effect in the long term. There was a really interesting programme on TV over here which talked about the effects of fasting in improving the body's ability to heal itself, as well as in weight loss. I think the stored fat/slow metabolism is more for excessive fasting as a short term response - ie. in anorexia.

      Anyhow, avoiding empty calories and drinking lots of water also sounds good :)

      Huggos,
      Chloë

      Delete