Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Three Graces

©Alexander Daniloff
Another card with amazing colours greets us today from Alexander Daniloff's Tarot (2012).

In this version of the Three of Cups, we have three women.  However, instead of dancing together and holding up cups, they stand almost in a line, and have different objects.  The one on the left holds a cornucopia of fruit, and her hair is bound up like that of a married woman (either that, or she's got a nasty head wound under there!).  The woman in the centre has an amphora balanced on her red-haired head, and a strange ribbon binding her dress up so it's all lumpy in the middle (I'm sure there's some fashion statement intended, but can't for the life of me figure it out just now).  Meanwhile, the one on the right holds a large chalice, and has flowers in her long blonde hair (San Francisco, anyone?) ;)

All the ingredients are there for a party, a celebration, or a ritual of some kind.  The varied hairstyles also remind me to celebrate the differences between myself and my friends.  To honour that we can share so much, and yet maintain our individuality.

This card makes me think of one of the cards that came up yesterday in my first reading with the Gilded Reverie Lenormand, highlighting the importance of friendship.  And the aspect of differences in approach and what brings us joy is something I was thinking about yesterday as I made a push to organise Christmas presents and cards.  That continues today, with a visit to the post office to send a parcel to a friend whose views may often be different from mine, but whom I care about deeply nonetheless :)

I am grateful for friendship, in all its guises.

4 comments:

  1. You know I thought the same as you looking at these three, the thought that came to me was no matter how different we are to each other, we are still all part of the whole. Be thankful for the differences because that's what makes you and your friends individuals.

    Today I drew also the three of cups for the Card of the Day from the Joi de Vivre tarot, quite a different depiction illustrating another sentiment of friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these kinds of synchronicities :) I'll pop over to Facebook to see your version!

      Delete
  2. It is an interesting card and I like what you had to say about the three women. The subject of friendships and differences has been on my mind lately as I deal with some issues. This particular version of the three of cups fits perfectly to my thought process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      Hope you find a good resolution to those issues! :)

      Delete