Sunday, 4 November 2012

Walking Away?

©Carmen Waterman
For this second day with the Rainbow Travellers Tarot (Carmen Waterman, 2012), we get one of the cards I like less in this deck: the Eight of Cups.

Something strikes me as being not quite right here.  Perhaps its the drama-queeny mascara running down her face (I haven't worn mascara in decades!)  I just can't seem to "feel" her :(

A woman with short, spiky hair stands with her body facing right, turning her head to look out at us.  Her make-up is dramatic, as is her black jewellry and lilac bustier.  She stands inside what feels like a walled courtyard, with candles burning in the background, despite the fact that it seems like sunlight is streaming across her. There is a tree out of the frame, a single branch reaching into our view.  Cups stand on the floor behind her, but she looks away from them.

I don't get much of a sense of movement from this card.  The character seems to have an attitude, and maybe a lot of sadness.  Yet, I don't have the sense that she's doing anything about it.  This card reminds me more of the Five of Cups, a crying over spilt milk feel to it.

Turning to the companion book, Carmen says the card "signals that the status quo is no longer enough."  That fits with my sense of this person being unhappy despite their pleasant circumstances.  Maybe she's just stopping to decide what to pack before heading off :)

What do I need to let go of today, or leave behind me?  Well, I'd love to leave behind sickness, not mine but Big Boy's.  He's been on half-term, and I'd love him to be well enough to go back to school tomorrow!  I think he will be...  Perhaps, for me, today this card is less about what I leave behind, and more about what I want to move towards.  My sights are set on getting lots done.  I guess, one thing that would need is for me to leave behind my incessant checking of Facebook, or TimeSuck as my Dear One calls it ;)

I am grateful for emotionally inspiring projects which draw me forward.

5 comments:

  1. Leaving Facebook was one of the most liberating things I ever did! Go on hiatus for a week, at least, and see how you feel. Dare ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, not even if you double dare me! Part of the issue is that I'm trying to use it as a networking/marketing tool for the Celtic Lenormand. Plus also there are lots of interesting discussions going on there. But I think it's maybe a question of not having the tab constantly open and being tempted to go check everytime it blinks that there's a new message/thread to go look at...

      Delete
    2. I like how I keep trying to get you to take it easy and you keep trying to get me to get up and do something. :D

      Delete