Sunday, 25 November 2012

Weekly Reflective Reading

Okay, so I'm not managing these every week, but they are for the week...  This time, I decided to use the same positional meanings as before, but drawing two cards for each from the Halloween Lenormand (Hurteau & Hill, 2012).

Halloween Lenormand ©Hurteau & Hill

1) What did I do well this week?  Vampire (Snake) + Creepy Trails (Paths)


Going with traditional Lenormand keywords, Snake can be something winding and deceptive, and Paths are choices or decision.  This week, then, I made some decisions that helped me navigate some tricky situations.  Taking the Halloween theme of Vampire and Trails, I could say I made some life giving choices :)

Halloween Lenormand ©Hurteau & Hill

2) What should I carry forward to next week?  Gate (Mountain) + Stars


Stars I often see as technology, and whether a Gate or a Mountain, that first card certainly indicates a barrier.  So, what I did well was block technology.  Makes sense, I have removed Facebook from my ever-open tabs, so that I didn't get sucked into it as much, and was more able to focus on being creatively productive.  That is something I'd definitely like to carry into the future.

Halloween Lenormand ©Hurteau & Hill

3) What should I look out for next week?  Ghost Ship (Ship) + Book of Shadows (Book)


Ship as a journey and Book as secrets, I see here advice to look out for the opportunity to take a soul-journey that unlocks some mysteries.  I have been meditating daily this week, and intend to continue that.  Perhaps a particularly moving pathworking?

Up-date: just had a *doh* moment regarding this last combo.  I am actually travelling this week!  Didn't really want to, which may be why I blocked it from my mind ;)  There will be a "Book of Shadows" element to my trip as I'm using the opportunity to meet with a couple of friends I have often performed rituals with in the past, and it's on the full moon!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice interpretations and charming deck!

    I really should try to mess around with the Lenormand more. I kind of want a traditional deck just because, but I'll use my Fairy Tale deck as it works just as well.

    Hope you are having a good day.

    XO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      I have to say, I love both the decks so far published by this mother/daughter team. There's another one out soon, the Yuletide Lenormand, and a chance to win a copy on Facebook, if you're interested... ;)

      As for messing round with the Lenormand, if it takes your fancy go for it. You have plenty else going on too, though, so don't beat yourself up if you don't.

      Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete