Monday, 26 November 2012

Where Did You Get That Hat?

©Alexander Daniloff
Today we get to explore one of the Court card's from Alexander Daniloff's Tarot (2012).

The Knight of Pentacles stares out at us from under a very fancy hat, with huge plumes coming from the multi-hued top.  His tunic echoes the same yellow, orange, brown and black colours.  One of the interesting things about the Knights is the fact that they don't have legs - just their armour arrayed beneath them.  It reminds me of the Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Ciro Marchetti), where the Knights are just represented by their helmet.  A statement about the importance of their rank and role to their sense of self!

This Knight has a shield with a cross in the centre, a lady under a waxing crescent moon and stars on one side, and a bear on the other.  He also holds a coin with a laurel-wreathed head on it.  So, he values wealth and honour, strength and also spirit :)

All those things take some perseverance, which is one of the traditional aspects of this Knight. 

Hopefully, I will be able to draw on some of that strength and perseverance today.  With Christmas and several work deadlines looming, as well as a business trip mid-week, and a course next weekend, I have a lot on my plate.  So, better go get to it :)

I am grateful for the ability to get things done, one step at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, MM :)

      I realised after posting this that for yesterday's reflective reading, with what to look out for being the Ship and Book, I should expect to learn something on my business trip. Can't believe I didn't think about the fact I am actually travelling this week! *doh*

      Anyhow, I've already crossed seven things off my "to do" list this morning, yay me :)

      Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean! I often miss really obvious things in my readings, which I guess is one of the great things about keeping a divination blog. You can go back through your old posts and have some 'aha!' moments.

      WOW! That is inspiring. I have done a few small things but at the moment I am glad that I feel decent and my sinuses are more clear than usual. My lower back is a little achey but I have a feeling some stretching would help that. Cat and dog stretch? ;)

      Hope you have a swell night.

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
    3. Don't get me wrong, they weren't necessarily big things, but with a lot to do I find a list helps me keep track. It's funny, as some things on the list are multiple things - like I've written Xmas, but then have a separate sheet to keep track of presents and cards to different people. Yep, it's list-tastic here right now ;D

      Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. As for lower back stretches, just rolling up and down from standing, holding in your abdominals as you do, is a pretty good place to start :)

      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete