Thursday, 13 December 2012

Foundation

©Celestae
In the Tarot of the Wyrd (The Game Crafter, 2012), the suit of Wands retains its name.  Still, many of the cards in this suit show alternative kinds of sticks.

We see that in today's card, where the three  Wands are in fact parasols.  A young woman stands before the ocean, her sun dress blown by the sea breeze.  She holds a parasol, as she gazes out across the sunset-reddened waters at the numerous boats.

The keyword given is Foundation, which I associate more with the Four of Wands. Still, after the choices of the Two, by the Three a basic foundation has been built, and our lady watches to see what will come of the projects already begun, the seeds sent out into the world.

Most of my day will be taken up with a school visit, a couple of doctor's appointments, and a meeting to discuss Big Boy.  Still, I wonder, based on this card, whether to expect an email from the publishers I'm in negotiations with over the Celtic Lenormand...

I am grateful for the chance to watch my project start to take root.

4 comments:

  1. "Still, I wonder, based on this card, whether to expect an email from the publishers I'm in negotiations with over the Celtic Lenormand..."

    Fingers crossed that you do and that the response is a positive one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      I did hear back from them, and it was mainly positive - agreeing to 3 of the 4 changes I'd requested in the contract they've offered me. Still, I haven't quite made up my mind. Nice to have options, and I may well take it, even without the final bit, as it would be so much less work than doing everything myself... :)

      Delete
  2. That all sounds very good. And three out of four doesn't sound too bad at all. Since this is your first project of this kind, it might be good to get your name out there with it in this way?

    Well done you! (and Will of course)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm going to go back to them with some other suggestions, see what they say. I agree that it might well be a good way to go, especially for my first deck...

      Something you'll have to think about a few months down the line! ;)

      Delete