Sunday, 9 December 2012

Gearing

©Celestae
Today's card from the Tarot of the Wyrd (The Game Crafter, 2012) is the Chariot.

I love the simplicity of this image. In the foreground we see the heads and necks of a black and a white horse. Behind them is the intimation of clockwork gears.  To me, this speaks clearly of our drive and energy, and the fact that we need to harness it for it to do us any good. Like with a car, if we're in the wrong gear we can work as hard as we like, but we won't get very far, and we'll wear ourselves out in the process!

The horses also look in different directions.  What that makes me think of today is the need to decide where we are going before we set out. Otherwise, once again, we may exhaust ourselves and still not have reached our goal.

In some ways, I wondered about doing the three day course I've just finished. I signed up and paid for it over two years ago.  Now, I'm not sure that's an area I want to work in, though it has still been a very interesting learning experience, which I believe will affect my outlook for years to come.  And which may once again change some of my eating habits.

Still, today's card reminds me that I need to set goals for the future, as well as ways to put them into action. I signed up for Leonie Dawson's Create Your Incredible 2013 workbook, and for the Facebook group Arwen has set up for mutual support in the process. I'm also in a little group with some lovely TABI peeps, with the same kind of aim.  Today, then, I shall make a start on planning for the year ahead...

I am grateful for help in clarifying what I actually want from the coming year.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a striking image! The 2013 workbook sounds fascinating. I really must become an active member of TABI instead of just lurking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gill,
      You don't have to be a member of TABI for this - I found out about this workbook from Arwen's blog. Still, the TABI forum is a fun and friendly place... :)

      Delete