Sunday, 2 December 2012

Growth Potential

©Angela Oliver
It was pointed out to me yesterday that I had failed to give much information about this lovely deck, New Zealand Naturally (Angela Oliver, 2012).  The suits have all been renamed: Trees, Waves, Peaks and Coins.  There are also a couple of extra Majors - The Wyrd, and Chaos.  Overall, though, the system is RWS-based.

Today's card is the Ace of Trees (Wands).  I really like the bright colours of the Southern Beech tree branch that reaches for the sky.  It is the "mast seeding", the once-in-a-lifetime creative push by that tree!

This card, then, reminds us to be creative, to try to spread our ideas and our passions far and wide.  It suggests that even if it is hard work, it is worth the effort :)

As a seed card, it might just be the first glimmerings of an idea, a plan, that we see here.  Yet, the important part is to grasp the opportunity that is presented to us, the opportunity to make things happen in our life that inspire and energise us.

I already have six projects in the pipeline, I'm not sure I can take any more :)  Maybe this Ace, for me today, is about starting to bring all those six into alignment, to design a plan for making them happen.  Yesterday, Arwen inspired me to buy Leonie Dawson's "Create Your Incredible Year" Business workbook and planner.  So, I'll invest a little time and energy in that, today, and see if I can make 2013 an amazing year!

I am grateful for organisational abilities that can help bring creative ideas to fruition.

6 comments:

  1. I really, really like this deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and great message. I just downloaded Leonie's workbook and planner too! I love to put my dreams into plans to work on!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, Carmen, I hope you enjoy it, too. I made time to do the closing 2012 bit, though I still need to check a couple things on-line to be accurate. Already, I'm seeing how it may help clarify things and help me improve :)
      Blessings, C

      Delete
  3. WOW.

    Utterly inspiring that you have six project seedlings planted! Jeez Louise. That's a LOT. I agree that more might be a bit much. Hehe!

    It's funny. In my readings this weekend the Ace of Wands came up a lot. Thinking on it, it makes a lot of sense because a lot of artists and creative types came to the art sale, and so new creative projects makes sense!

    I've heard a few bloggers mention Leonie Dawson. I don't know a ton about her-will have to look into it.

    Have a swell day!

    XOX,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      Yes, I heard about Leonie Dawson through Arwen, and also Lisa :) I've liked what I've seen and done so far, so I'll let you know how it goes.

      You're right, it does make sense to get the Ace of Wands a lot for creative types. And nice that you had that kind of clientele!

      Wishing you a great week,
      Chloë

      Delete