Saturday, 1 December 2012

Lunar Eclipse Spread

Hello Kitty Tarot
Okay, I know I'm a few days late with this, but I was out of the country for the actual eclipse, and am only just catching up on reading blogs.  The fabulous Alison Cross of This Game of Thrones posted a brilliant idea for a lunar eclipse spread

Basically, you shuffle a tarot deck while thinking about what energies in your life are currently eclipsed.  Then, you look for the World card (which casts its shadow on the moon in a lunar eclipse), and the High Priestess card (representing the moon casting its shadow on the sun in a solar eclipse).  See which cards are behind these, and there's your answer!

Hello Kitty Tarot
So, I decided to use the fun, recoloured Hello Kitty Tarot by Brittany Tingey (2012).  As you can see, behind the World I found the Four of Cups.  At a practical level, my boredom is currently eclipsed!  I can't argue with that :)  There is plenty of excitement and creativity in my life right now, and while some of it is a little stressful, it is also energising and fun!

And what was behind the High Priestess card, what is eclipsed at an emotional level?  Here I found the Empress.  That makes a lot of sense to me, too, if I read it as being about mothering.  My focus has been on the Celtic Lenormand, on work trips, on Christmas, and on some other projects I have in the pipeline.  Big Boy has been taking something of a backseat to all of that.

Why not pop on over to Alison's blog to see the result of her lunar eclipse reading?  And/or try it yourself - I'd love to hear the results :)

6 comments:

  1. I did one: http://rowantarot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/lunar-eclipse-spread.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, will come and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very unusual spread idea. I have been sort of freeform lately and avoiding most spreads, but I find myself drawn to try this one out!

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will look forward to seeing what you get, if you do! :)

      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. I got a weird one. 7 of Wands. I can't figure out what it means. Or maybe I did it wrong. :D

      Delete
    3. Hi MM,

      Could be echoing messages you've got before. What is eclipsed (Seven of Wands) is your self-esteem and ability to stand up for yourself, to put yourself first (even just sometimes)...

      Hugs!
      Cxx

      Delete