Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Reading on January Workshop

©Chloe McCracken
My Dear One said the other day that he thought trying to sell a workshop (my Introduction to the Lenormand) in January was a bad idea, coming so close after Christmas.  I see his point, but there's also the fact that I've already put out advertising to consider.  So, I've been humming and haaing, trying to decide whether to reschedule this first workshop to February.  Finally, I thought, "Just pull some cards on it!"

Rescheduling the workshop: Heart + Whips

Rescheduling would be a blow to my passion for teaching, and for the Lenormand.  It might also raise nasty talk about how my heart isn't in it.  And it would mean I would just have to do all the work over at a later date, which sucks the joy from things.  Overall, it's not looking like a good option!

©Chloe McCracken
Continuing with the workshop: Garden + Rider

These cards remind me of the original reasons why I decided to start teaching Lenormand workshops.  Firstly, because I love bringing information to people, and the teaching environment - a small group of people in the flesh - is one I love, too.  Secondly, because this is part of my larger plan to spread the word about the Celtic Lenormand to a wider audience.  None of that has changed! 

So, for the moment I will carry on as though the workshop was going to go ahead.   If I don't get enough uptake to make it work, then I'll reschedule later.

By the way, do you like my new Kindergarten Lenormand images?  I wanted to try out one of the printing services someone on-line had recommended, so I uploaded my Kindergarten Lenormand.  This way, the titles look smarter, and I have the playing card associations on there, too.  Makes it better to use for my workshop presentation, which I'm working on now.  And it almost looks like a proper deck ;)

P.S.  Yes, I know that the Lenormand doesn't use the 2's through 5's, but I created nine extra cards to match the Celtic Lenormand, and this is the alternate Rider card ;)

10 comments:

  1. Yes! I do like what you have done with the cards. They look so much more professional, don't they! I think it's a nice little deck, to be honest.

    I can see your 'D.O's' point of view, but I can also see how it would be good for you to get out there and do this in the new year. Nice and fresh and new and exciting. I think that with negatively here and there, you need to go and do something and get some good feedback (which you will). I think it would do you lot of good and reinstall any confidence that might be fladding.

    And as for nasty talk .. well, these kind of people will find something to say about anything. They cannot kill your passion. You do what is best for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, PLN :) I know I won't win any drawing competitions, but it does the job. And as you say, with the playing card details it does look more professional :)

      It will definitely be good for me to get out there. And I hope that some people will see it as part of their fresh, new year to learn to read the Lenormand...

      Cxx

      Delete
  2. Funny about The Rider--like you going out to bring your message to the world, setting things in motion for the Celtic Lenormand, and Garden, my favourite card in the Lenormand, public places and people gathering.

    I see you have a bench set out in the garden for someone to sit beside you and chat. Perhaps a nice chat about those bloody Mice nibbling at you.

    Talk about getting a clear answer! People often get money for Christmas you know, and they might want a nice workshop to cheer them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi woley,

      Yes, I laughed about the Rider, too :D It was the card I chose for my first post to announce the Celtic Lenormand, for precisely those reasons. And the Garden is a lovely, friendly card. I thought putting the bench there gave it more of a garden feel, rather than just a tree and some grass.

      Yep, it was a pretty clear answer, and I hadn't thought about the Christmas money point. *fingers crossed*

      Chloë

      Delete
  3. I think it is a great idea to continue forward with the workshop. I recently ran the first workshop on "Intuitive Readings." There were 4 people and the small group was an amazing way to take the workshop for a test drive. Those that attended loved it and said they would like more :) So I'm with you on carrying on and seeing what unfolds.

    Wishing you luck and just the right number of people to sign up for you to share your gifts with.

    Blessings
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen,

      Yes, I was thinking it doesn't have to be big, but it'll give me a chance to practice the presentation, tweak it, and get a feel for how it works. So glad to hear you had fun with your workshop, too.

      I shall send a message out to the universe - I would love to share this with the world :)

      Blessings,
      Chloë

      Delete
  4. The workshop sounds great and I hope you do it in January. If I lived close enough, I would be there.

    I love the cards :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      I wish you lived close enought, too! It's strange to think I may never meet many of my fellow bloggers IRL. We share so much on here, yet might not even recognise one another on the street - interesting times...

      Cx

      Delete
  5. Maybe D.O. was just worried you might be disappointed in the turnout & didn't want it to discourage you altogether. That's why I probably would have said such a thing. So you wouldn't expect too much & be disappointed afterward. I guess it's a way of disappointing people in advance? Oops...

    & I think, really, it's more of a 5th-Grade Lenormand. The Heart has two equal lumps, the Rider's legs all bend correctly, what more can you ask? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I can move up to 5th-Grade!! ;)

      You're probably right, Jessica, that he didn't want me to be disappointed. Ah well, we'll see what the universe sends me...

      Delete