Saturday, 8 December 2012

Security

This week I'll be blogging with another indie deck, the Tarot of the Wyrd (The Game Crafter, 2012).

This deck, created by a fellow Brit, describes itself as a mix of Victorian Gothic and magic.  It certainly has a rather Steampunk feel to it, which I love :)  For today's card, we have the Nine of Cups.  Here, an old gentleman with glasses sits in a formal parlour, with a large teapot beside him and nine teacups stacked a little precariously in front of him.

At first glance, I was suprised by the keyword given here: "security".  The cups don't look all that secure, and security isn't something I normally associate with the Nine of Cups, so often described as the wish card.  Still, if it's emotional security we're talking, I guess I can get behind that.

It seems like this old gentleman has had a variety of emotional experiences, which allow him now to sit back and feel happy, content, at peace.  Sounds like a good place to be!

I hope that I feel some of that by the end of today.  I found yesterday on the course quite hard, often I wanted to cry.  Not so much because of my past history with poor eating, but more due to issues with Big Boy and how they affect me, too.  We talked about the physiological effects of long-term stress, and nutritional ways to support people in those circumstances.  One of the biggest things was to try to remove the stress.  Amongst people with eating disorders, often the disorder itself creates stress, both emotional and physical.  However, in my case the only things that may help are things to change my attitude to the stressful circumstances (for instance, meditation), and support with managing the symptoms (better nutrition aimed at supporting the adrenal system), as Big Boy's condition is never going to change :(  Still, I did also learn about some supplements that may help support his health...

I am grateful for the emotional support of my friends and family.


12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I'm so sorry. :(

    (huge hug)

    I feel so badly for you. :( I wish there was something I could do to remove the stress of the difficulty of BB's care.

    I'm glad you are working on ways of supporting yourself through it, but I know that doesn't make it easy, and I just feel sad about it.

    You really are one of the most wonderful people I've met, and even though I wish you didn't have to deal with it, your experiences with BB have made you even more remarkable.

    Much Love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MM,

      You are a wonderful, generous person! You have plenty to be getting on with yourself, yet manage to spare kind words for others :)

      I read you've been using progesterone cream, but I wonder if you could also do with upping your Vitamin C, Zinc and fish oils (they're needed for processing stress).

      Loads of love,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. Hi Chloë!

      Thank you for saying so. I definitely don't have as much going on in my life...and honestly I keep it that way because I wonder at my ability to deal with stress. I know everyone is capable of handling a lot (and you're definitely an example of that) but after having a really rough several years with Pele, I have been laying low and not being too focused on anything besides basic household duties and my daughter's care. I think this largely explains why I haven't pursued more creative/work interests.

      Anyway...I like your suggestions. I have not supplemented Vitamin C very much at all. I know it helps boost immunity and helps detoxify. I haven't taken zinc, either, although my daughter did a course of it and I hear many people can benefit from it. I love fish oils and take them every day but don't eat enough fish or such. I had some avocado today which has lots of good oils in it. I need to snack on almonds and other nuts and avoid those extra carbs.

      Lots of hugs and thanks,
      MM

      Delete
    3. MM, you say you don't have as much going on in your life, but remember, I get to send BB to school everyday. You homeschool Pele, as well as taking care of her physical and emotional needs! That's an awful lot of different stuff!

      Anyhow, good luck improving your nutrition. As you say, almonds are an excellent snack, and avocado is yummy!

      Hugs galore,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. Love love love you, Chloe-girl. :D It will be all right. Allow yourself time to navigate the emotional responses. You are an amazing woman and your focus on caring for you and those you love inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and support, Arwen, they mean a lot! I feel a bit guilty, as I know I have things easier than many. We get a lot of support from highly trained professionals, which you don't get in other countries, or even in rural parts of the UK. And I still get to spend plenty of time on work and tarot ;)

      Delete
  3. Holding you close in my heart Chloe! You are amazing and it is so important for you to find ways to support what you need as well. My naturopath had me on an adrenal tincture which seemed to help me as well. Perhaps that would help as well. Be kind and gentle with yourself and know how much we care!

    Love and light
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen,

      Thank you, that's beautiful :) And I shall ask my naturopath about adrenal tincture next time I see him. Hope you are less stressed now?

      Love and light,
      Chloë

      Delete
  4. you do manage to find some interesting decks :]

    managing stress is indeed important. knowledge is power, even if the class does sound not so fun. supplements sound like a good idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Bonkers,

      The wonders of The Game Crafter! I always try to find a couple of decks from there and save them up to get at once, as it reduces postage costs ;)

      The last day of the course was less stressful, and there was lots of useful information in there. Amazing how dependent we are on all kinds of micronutrients for our enzymes, hormones and neurotransmitters to work properly. There was one paper we talked about where they changed the diet of prison inmates, and saw a huge reduction in violence and abusive behaviour!

      Delete