Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Sisterhood

Today, the Tarot of the Wyrd (The Game Crafter, 2012) offers us a card from the suit of Cups, the Three, with the title Unity.

I think I'd probably prefer the deck without the titles, to be honest.  Not that they are bad keywords, just a little distracting sometimes.  For me, the Three of Cups is more about celebration or friendship, sisterhood even.  Maybe that's where the idea of unity comes from, a banding together.  We see that in the woman dancing together above the cups.  They also give a sense of celebration, of joy in life, which does fit well with my sense of the card.

The cups themselves are blue, flowery things.  Two are stacked inside each other, while the third is on its side next to them.  It looks almost as though it is helping support the other two, stopping them from falling.  Once again, the support of others who are like us :)

Today, I celebrate not having any fixed deadlines or jobs I have to do!  That being said, I plan to finish up a couple of reviews for the TABI Yule Ezine, which I guess fits with doing something for like-minded individuals :)

I am grateful for a peaceful day.

6 comments:

  1. Support. That's an important piece of this card that I think gets overlooked a lot. I'm enjoying this deck. Chloe, thank you for the marvelous work you do with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means a lot to me, Arwen, that you appreciate m'blog! And yes, I often see this card as a supportive group of (especially female) friends. Some cards highlight the group aspect, some the female aspect, some how much fun it is to be with your gals. This one does pretty well on all of those, and support, too *impressed face*

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, Theresa, and thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  3. So nice for you to have a peaceful day. I like the idea of support with the Three of Cups. I always think of a coming together in friendship to share. Being supportive fits right in.

    Have a nice tomorrow :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming together in friendship to share, that's a great way of expressing it, Carol! :)

      Wishing you a lovely today ;)

      Delete