Tuesday, 15 January 2013

A Long, Long Road

©Dan Donche
Today's card from the Darkana Tarot (Dan Donche, 2012), while far from traditional, appeals to me none the less.

As soon as I saw it, "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" popped into my head.  I can't believe this song has been redone and made Christmas No. 1, all without me even noticing!  Oh, well, I did try to avoid Christmas TV...

Anyhow, it's the bit about perseverance, about walking that road no matter how long, that sprang to mind.  Traditionally, the Seven of Pentacles has a more horticultural twist to it, the idea being we have to keep going if we're ever to reap the harvest we've sown.  Here, though, there is more of the sense given in the song, that we have to keep going even if we don't know where our current path is leading us.  There's a sense of duty, but also a hope for better times ahead, if we follow the pentacle-strewn path.

Well, I definitely have a long road ahead of me today.  I'm travelling to the middle of nowhere, so a five hour journey ahead, then straight into the first meeting.  At least I'll be in good company.

I am grateful to work with people I like (at least some of them).

2 comments:

  1. This really captures the idea of perservering and the rewards that staying the road can bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because it's in grey scale, I don't necessarily see the rewards, just the long path. After all, there's nothing shiny or colourful... ;)

      Delete