Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Alison's Time Management Spread

Alison Cross, that wise and witty blogger and radio show host, has devised another excellent spread.  This spread is designed to help us out with our time management and, let's be honest, who couldn't do with a little help in that area?

So, we draw three cards, the first a court card, to answer the following questions:

1  WHO can possibly help me improve my time management?
2  HOW will this character help me improve my time management?
3  WHAT does this character warn me against?

I also used the DruidCraft Tarot, though this is my super-trimmed version!

©P&S. Carr-Gomm & W.Worthington

1) The King of Wands is someone who follows his passion.  However, he also knows how to delegate, and how to encourage others to lend a hand :)  I see him telling me to start by clarifying exactly what I most care about.  Certainly, that has been coming clearer lately.  Doing a Lenormand Workshop at the weekend reminded me of just how much I love teaching!  If you want to know how that went, here's a lovely write-up by Lisa Frideborg Lloyd :)  Another aspect is to follow my creative fire, as I am doing with the Celtic Lenormand and a couple other projects I have in the pipeline...  And he also says, ask for help when you need it, don't worry, it won't make you look weak!

2) How he will help me is firstly by clarifying my priorities: which of those wands needs to be thrown first.  He will also help with direction: that chap isn't just lobbing wands willy-nilly, he is doing so in a very goal-oriented, directed manner!

3) What does the King of Wands warn me against?  Well, this is the same card as Ali got in this position.  I see it slightly differently, though.  To me, this says once again that I shouldn't just struggle on alone if I'm finding things a bit overwhelming.  There are other people in my life, so ask for help.  Let someone else carry a few of those wands :)

10 comments:

  1. I'm luffing your super-trimmed version! I bought myself a new copy of the Druidcraft specifically to cut it down. Haven't had the bottle to do it yet!

    Yes, asking other people for help and delegating - all good 10 of Wands solutions!!! - maybe I could do with a bit of that too :-D

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm luffing it, too, Ali! I highly recommend it, the colours really pop, and it's soooo easy to shuffle :D

      I'm not great at asking for help, but that's a good skill to learn, too...

      Delete
  2. Great spread and interpretation. I hope it helps toward time management! The Druidcraft is so lush and green. Makes me yearn for spring!

    Much Love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are just amazing, and they show up so much more now it's trimmed... Yep, I'm yearning for some colour other than grey, too! Though we had some pretty white snow today ;)

      Much love,
      Chloë

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a fiery spread, Chloe! Isn't it wonderful the way tarot shows us where we are in our lives right now. For some of us, it's time to cut ourselves some slack, for others, time to get movin'! What a great tool, a life's companion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it certainly lit a rocket up me, and not where I necessarily expected: I started rewriting my dissertation protocol this afternoon...

      Delete
    2. I knew you would. You are not one to let things lie. :)

      Delete
    3. Well, I dunno about that! Many of my decks don't get nearly as much attention as I'd like to give them :( Still, I guess a Masters is on a slightly different level ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm scared to do this spread. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Arwen! You do so much, you must already be great at time management...

      Delete