Friday, 11 January 2013

Creativity

©Clive Barrett
What a lovely card to draw at the end of this week with the Norse Tarot (Clive Barrett, 2012).

I always love to see the Ace of Wands, sign of new inspiration, creativity and passion.  However, I'll admit I barely recognised this card at first glance.  From the colouring, I would have guessed the Ace of Swords!  Still, I do like the stag at the top of this wand, reminiscent of the Ace of Wands in the DruidCraft Tarot :)

Perhaps what the colouring shows us is that, even when sparked into enthusiasm, we can keep our cool and put our energy to work with clear focus.  Or maybe that blue is a reminder that Wands energy is like the sun on a clear, blue summer's day: it can warm us through, but it can also burn us if we don't take care.

I'm not all too surprised to see this card today.  I had an idea on Monday, and today I should finally get the last tool I need to actually make a start on this new creative project.  While you could say the Ace of Wands would have better represented Monday, I'd say that was more an Ace of Swords moment: the idea, but without yet any basis to start getting creative with it. 

Sometimes it seems like, until I make an actual start, my enthusiasm and inspiration can't really kick in.  It's an idea, floating around, but with nothing to fuel the fire of creativity.  Certainly, that honours the pagan idea of starting in the East with Air, and then moving to the fiery South :) 

I am grateful for the ability to set my creativity free.

8 comments:

  1. I don't think you could've pulled a better card for the the commencement of a new project today, and you get a double whammy for pulling it on the day of the New Moon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! People keep mentioning it, and I noticed it on my calendar this morning, but somehow I keep forgetting it's the New Moon. Must do a ritual this evening :)

      Delete
  2. I can really relate to that whole 'idea just flying around with no ground' thing!! Oy vey. Grats on setting your ideas free and initiating things. That is the best feeling!

    Huggz,
    MM

    p.s. I should set a New Moon intention...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya MM,

      It's funny, when I first learnt the tarot, I was always told that first comes the inspiration of the wands, then you have to put in cups emotions, then plan it all swords style before manifesting in the pentacles. Still, this swords-idea-that-needs-some-oomph is making much more sense to me, now ;)

      Good luck setting your New Moon intention...

      Hugs,
      Cxxx

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for yu about your new project! New Moon blessings! You've confirmed I need to do a new moon ritual, especially being a Capricorn!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Krysten, I'm excited, too! Sometimes I think I'm crazy - I have so many ideas, plans and projects flying around right now. Hectic, but exciting :)

      Would love to hear if you do a New Moon ritual :D

      Delete
  4. Grin, I have a theory about what is going to happen when you get all these projects going. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arwen. Let's hope you're theory is right ;)

      Delete