Friday, 4 January 2013

Energy and Distraction

©Choi & Shina
For this last day with the Dreaming Way Tarot (U.S. Games, 2012), I drew the Knight of Wands.

As with so many cards in this deck, there are some interesting twists here.  I love his red-and-white checked tunic, and larger checked saddle, as well as the warm orange of his horse, all symbolising the element of fire!  Okay, so that colour probably isn't called orange on a horse, but I don't know much about horses :) 

On the other hand, I was surprised to see him looking backwards, as to my mind this guy is all about forward momentum.  He may not have great follow-through, but while he's got the bit between his teeth, there's no stopping him!

Perhaps his positioning suggests he's easily distracted.  His eye caught by the next "shiny thing", even as he gallops on by.  Yeah, I can se that ;)

I could certainly do with some of the Knight of Wand's enthusiasm today.  It's just over two weeks til the Lenormand Workshop I'm running in Atlantis Bookshop in London, and I've been a little slack in the advertising department.  Part of it is that I don't feel very comfy doing any kind of self-promotion.  Another bit, I guess, is that it somehow didn't feel real or close until we'd passed Christmas and New Year.  Now, though, it looms large!  *eek*

Yesterday I distributed a few flyers, and got tweeting.  I also compiled a list of places that might have notice boards, so today I need to get my skates on - metaphorically, it's far too hilly around here to be safe roller skating ;)

I am grateful for the energy to get stuff done.

4 comments:

  1. I think a red horse is called 'chestnut'.

    Good luck with your advertising! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, that makes sense - chestnut!

      Will head out to Camden this afternoon... ;)

      Delete
  2. I always think of the Knight of Wands as being the showman. So, I can see how you might need to mount his chestnut steed and get out there and promote. He's the kind of guy who gets everyone interested. Maybe you know someone like this who can promote for you?

    I guess you know shops like Watkins and Mysteries? Watkins often have little flyers on their front desk. And the people in Mysteries are very friendly. Maybe pop some flyers there?

    I told Kate about your Lenormand class a few weeks ago. We'd both like to attend but I think it might be coming around a bit too quickly for me, financially. It's the getting up to London as much as anything else. But I am hoping that this will be the first of many courses that you run and that we can attend one at a slightly later date. Thinking of doing one ourselves eventually, I'll be interested in seeing how this goes for you. It is both a daunting and exciting prospect!

    Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PLN,

      What a shame you can't make this one, would love to meet up! Well, I certainly hope to run some more, it depends on how this goes, I guess.

      As for putting flyers in Mysteries and Watkins, the problem is they run their own workshops, so I was told they wouldn't publicise one held elsewhere. Still, I'm more impressed with Treadwell's advertising than Atlantis', so I may see if I can do the next one there...

      And I'll certainly let you know how it all goes, for when you decided to start running your workshops - how fun! :D

      Cxx

      Delete