Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Gentle Queen

©Clive Barrett
Strangely enough, today's Queen of Swords from the Norse Tarot (Clive Barrett, 2012) seems far gentler than her Wands counterpart!

With long blonde hair held back by a circlet and in a loose ponytail, she stands in a field of waving corn.  The wide, clouded sky echoes her blue dress with white insets, and her necklace has yellow and blue flower motifs.  She holds the hilt of a sword in her right hand, the blade in her left, with the sword crossing her thighs.  It's hardly an aggressive position, more pensive, I would say.

I also like her expression, clear and direct, yet somehow gentle.  It seems to say, "Come, talk with me.  Let's share ideas and clarify things."

What I see in today's card is the need for some clarity and organisation.  The Queen of Swords doesn't put up with flim-flam, even from herself ;)  Also, perhaps, that I may need a listening ear later on today, someone who will tell it as they see it, yet with gentleness. 

I am grateful for clarity and empathy.

6 comments:

  1. 'Come, talk with me...and be assured if I don't like what you're saying, I can and will lob your head off.' ha ha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Perhaps more, "If I don't like what you're saying, I'll cut right through the BS, like it or not!" :)

      Delete
    2. Precisely. It'll just feel like I've cut your head off. I can do that with words quite effectively, she says.

      Delete
  2. The bare hand on the blade says, "I would rather hurt myself first than hurt you but I will if I must."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not quick to draw blood, but willing to be tough when necessary - I like it :)

      Delete