Thursday, 17 January 2013

Gun Slingers

©Dan Donche
For today’s draw from the Darkana Tarot (Dan Donche, 2012), we have the Five of Wands.

In yet another change of ambience, here we see four gunslingers, a woman and three men. The woman in the back right corner aims at the man in the back left corner, while the man in the front right aims at the foremost guy, front left, who nonchalantly holds two guns.  The splatter marks on this image work well, reminding me of the “kapow”s, “splat”s and “boom”s of the old batman TV shows ;)  Or perhaps they represent the blood trail left from previous gun fights...

I rather like the cowboy feel to this card, and it certainly gets across the message of quarrels and competition.  There isn’t really a feel of working together which can sometimes be seen in the Five of Wands, though I guess they could represent outlaws and  lawmen, maybe depending on who’s wearing a hat :D  Overall, though, I get more of a sense of fighting your corner against all comers.

I head back home today, then off to see my therapist.  Perhaps, in this, I see the quarrels that go on within myself (being a double Gemini).  Should I do this or that?  I feel this, but I also feel that, which one would I do best to follow?  If I think of this card more in the sense of work struggles (I’m so glad I didn’t get this card yesterday!) then perhaps it’s about having to fight my corner to make sure things are okay for the Lenormand workshop on Saturday.  I may well have to go to the shop in person to check out the technical arrangements, as the people there haven’t given me a clear answer as to what kind of connectors I’ll need.  I really don’t want to turn up on Saturday to find I can’t use my slides or camera!

I am grateful for the reminder to watch my own back.

6 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your workshop, and fingers crossed the weather doesn't make itself a problem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, yes, just my luck it's snowing tomorrow! Ah well, we'll just have to wait and see...

      Delete
  2. Rather like the feel of this card myself too. A bit funner/more amusing than most...

    good luck with the tech especially; struggling to get technology to cooperate with you is def no fun at all :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a fun card, isn't it?

      As for the tech, suddenly realised I'd better check my software compatibility, and it reformatted all my slides *doh* Re-reformatted 12 of them today, and I'll do the rest tomorrow...

      Delete
  3. I see this card and I think of the old westerns where your gun was your law. It speaks to me about the mistakes we make when we don't pay attention to other people's guns. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean cos others don't like their rules to be dissed? :)

      Delete