Sunday, 20 January 2013

Lennie Week 3 - Eclectique

On this snowy Sunday, I drew three cards from the Petit Lenormand Eclectique (Self-published, 2012).  This deck was created by various members of the Facebook Lenormand Cards Study Group.  As collaborative decks go, it is one of the best I've seen, working quite cohesively.  I believe Edmund Zebrowski may still have a few for sale if anyone is interested.  Myself, I was lucky enough to be gifted a copy by one of the artists: the multi-talented Alison Cross :)

©Various Artists
As for today's draw, we have Ring, Sun and Heart - what a lovely combination!  Riffing on these I came up with:

An energetic commitment brings love.
A happy engagement born of love.
Enthusiastic promise made in the throes of passion.
Bright promise of tender emotion.

Seems like a good day for love!  However, it does suggest it's not just gentle emotions that are called for, but also a dynamic commitment to put them into practice.  And, as my first sentence suggests, this reading doesn't only have a romantic interpretation.  It could be taken that today is a good day to commit our energy to something we're passionate about - maybe suggesting the action necessary to get a creative project moving.

For me, though, today, I think this is about two things.  I had a great time at the Lennie Workshop yesterday, and the feedback seemed pretty good.  So, I am ready to commit to running more workshops - it was great to be teaching again!  Secondly, I see it referring to loving relationships.  Though I'm tired after yesterday's workshop, I also know I need to focus my energy and attention today on both Big Boy and my Dear One.  While work is important, my loves are important, too :)

I am grateful for a good night's sleep.

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful
    Sunday in the making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope so :) Wishing you a good one, too!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear it went well (though of course we all had every faith it would!) Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also pleased to hear it went well and that you will be doing more. I really hope I'll be able to attend one at some point. There seems to be a good balance between work and loved ones in this reading. All very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be great, PLN! Am planning the next one for May, I think... And hope to be able to announce something else shortly ;)

      Delete
  4. The workshop was AWESOME!! Thanks again, Chloe. That's a lovely deck, btw. Sorry to be a pest but I think I left a couple of items behind at the workshop. Could you please PM me via one of my blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Lisa! Only noticed one item, but already DM'd you via Twitter :)

      Delete
  5. Sun is a good card for Sun-day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we certainly didn't have much of the actual thing, here! Snow, yes, sun, no ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I had a lovely day with my family, sliding and stamping through pristine snow :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful post with fabulous cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you going to blog about the workshop?? I really wanna know how it went! So glad it was a success Chloe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Red,

      I wasn't planning to, as I was too busy teaching to take pictures or anything. Lisa Frideborg Lloyd took pictures, though, and said she'd blog about it on her Seer Pathways blog on Wednesday...

      Maybe I'll write a litte something... :)

      Delete