Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Sweet Family

©Choi & Shina
Such a lovely card to start the New Year!  This Ten of Cups from the Dreaming Way Tarot (U.S. Games, 2012), is sweet and stereotyped, but also a little quirky.

A family stand together.  Mum has a little baby in her arms, and dad has their older child sat on his head.  They all appear to be in their pyjamas, dad in a blue striped nightshirt, and mum in a fancy white frilly nightgown.  Though I can't say mum's white pleated thing looks very comfy - okay, I'm more of a lounging-around-in-soft-pj's gal ;)  Above their heads float ten cups, in variations on black-and-white with polka dots, each one different.

This is definitely what I wish for myself for the New Year - a happy, relaxed family life, full of interesting and varied emotions.

As for the first day of this New Year, it will definitely have a large family component.  I'd love to lounge around in my nightgear all day, but I doubt that'll happen.  Still, a nice walk on the local heath is a good second choice ;)

I am grateful for my family.

9 comments:

  1. Actually, I'm wearing something very similar to mum in the card right now myself, with a fuzzy dressing gown on top. I can assure it, a voluminous old-fashioned white cotton gown is wonderful! :)

    Happy New Year! I've been working away at setting up my 2013, and I managed to print my Incredible Year Workbook. It took me like 45 min just to put the pages in protectors and get them in a ring binder, and I haven't even made a mark on one yet! This will be a lengthy process. Today's goal is to complete the Closing Ceremony for 2012.

    I like the cards from DW Tarot you've posted so far. I am beginning to be tempted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (That's 'I can assure you' and 'setting up my 2013 diary.' Not yet fully alert I guess. x)

      Delete
    2. I always found those kind of nightgowns bunched up around my stomach while I slept. These days, though, my Dear One says I'm a very calm sleeper, so maybe I should give them another go... On the other hand, I also like pyjamas so I can jump out of bed and go play with Big Boy - shuffling around in a gown doesn't sound like a great idea :)

      Happy New Year to you, too, Carla - hope it's a good one! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Chloe. Wishing you all of the very best for 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, PLN! Wishing you an exciting and productive 2013 :)

      Delete
  3. My first feeling about the Dreaming Way was one of ennui, but once I started using it I found it spectacular. Funny how that happens. It became one of my favourite decks and Rome Choi has a different way of looking at things in the booklet.

    Have a very good year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Woley,

      Have to admit, I haven't actually read the booklet *doh* Still, I'm enjoying the deck ;)

      Wishing you a lovely 2013!

      Delete
  4. This is very sweet. I like it! I hope you've had a great 1st day of the year.

    XOXO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya MM,

      I actually ended up doing quite a lot of work for my Lenormand presentation in a couple of weeks. Still, it was good to get most of it done :) Hope you had a wonderful start to the year!


      Hugs!
      XOXOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete