Sunday, 13 January 2013

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

©Dan Donche
Okay, maybe the title's a little misleading, but I do love today's card from the Darkana Tarot (Dan Donche, 2012)!

Having the Ace of Swords represented by a chainsaw is certainly dramatic!  What an incredible tool for cutting through BS and trimming our problems down to size ;) Of course, we may also cut too deeply, remove too much in our zeal.  And that's always a risk when we think we hold the sword (or chainsaw) of truth, or when we have an idea we think is the be-all-and-end-all.  Likewise, in terms of communication, we would often be better served by a surgeon's scalpel than by a chainsaw! 

Still, oh the enthusiasm, the excitement, of having this powerful tool, this fascinating idea, this intriguing knowledge, this witticism that just has to be shared...

It's often hard with Aces to figure out how they might manifest.  Perhaps especially so with the Ace of Swords.  After all, it is just the first twinkle in our eye, rather than anything tangible, the first inkling of an idea, the first word of a sentence that could become a conversation or an argument.  I shall take today's card, then, as a heads-up to be gentle in my communications with others today, and to be open to new inspiration and new knowledge :)

I am grateful for the reminder not to use a sledgehammer when a gently spoken word will do!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful take on the aces, thank you for these thoughts. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla :) I guess it helped that I got two Aces within a couple of days of each other - really made me think! I also realised that I haven't had the Ace of Cups once in over a year!! Now, what's that about?

      Delete
  2. What great insight you've given me to approaching the Aces, thank you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Krysten, glad you found this insightful. I find it so inspiring to use different decks - constantly gives me new food for thought :)

      Delete