Friday, 22 February 2013

Grumpy

©Fairchild & Paschkis
We end this week drawing from the Complete Kit Tarot (Running Press, 2002) with the Seven of Wands.

I have been thoroughly charmed by this deck's colourful yet minimalist approach!  Today's card is no exception.  Here we have a ginger cat, fur standing on end as seven wands bear down on him (all gingers are male). 

He looks decidedly grumpy about this state of affairs, understandably enough.  And yet, perhaps his grumpiness or other bad habits are part of what has got him into this situation in the first place...

I don't feel underfire at all today.  After a couple of good night's sleep, I'm feeling much better.  I guess, what mainly comes to mind is that our holiday is almost over.   I'm starting to think of packing, travelling, and getting back to the daily routine of home.  It's been nice being mainly off-line, though normally I am on for a good chunk of each day.  Although I've missed reading people's blogs, I've also appreciated spending more time with my family, and admiring the sites and culture of this beautiful city.  So, I feel like the homecoming has an aspect of weight - the resumption of regular habits and responsibilities.  I'm sure I'll slip back into the familiar pattern with ease, still it's interesting to see it from the outside for a time.

I am grateful for another two days in Paris.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still post even when you are on holiday! Next time you go, try an experiment. Leave all electronic devices at home. Can you do it??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I cheated! I wrote up most of the posts before I left. I added the extra little personal bits, sometimes on the day (like today) sometimes before (like the Body Wisdom day when I ended up going shopping - I'd written that a couple days before, when I didn't know I'd go shopping). So, I've been on-line relatively little ;D Still, it's nice to stay in touch!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're enjoying your holidays! Incidentally I have a friend who is the proud owner of a female ginger cat. I do believe there are a few. And she's definitely female because she's had a few litters of kittens... Her name... Ginger, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great name ;) Ah well, good to know wikipedia can get it wrong!

      Delete
  3. My ginger is a girl named Vinegar. The vet did a double take. :D And about 85% of all ginger cats are boys. :D This is a GREAT 7 of Swords.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Arwen, learn something new every day, and then relearn it the next ;) Btw, it's 7 of Wands, and I still think it's great!

      Delete