Friday, 15 February 2013

Lennie Week 4 - Königsfurt's French Cartomancy

For this final day of Lennie Week, another traditional deck.  If you feel the cards look strangely familiar, that's because these are the same images as those in Lo Scarabeo's popular French Cartomancy deck, which are the Dondorf images created in 1890.  However, this version is printed by a German publisher with German verses, and comes in a set with a book from Harald Jösten :)

Birds + Bear + Snake
Here we have Birds (again), Bear and Snake.  Let's take a look at the verses.

Birds: "Oh, the Birds, they mean sorrow and troubles, but have no fear,  it won't last long."
Bear: "With the Bear beware to think before you speak, there is no lack of envious people."
Snake: "Whether near or far, the Snake is never gladly seen, as sooner or later she indicates betrayal."

If we just took the meanings from the verses, this might give us:

Worries about envy and betrayal because of something you said. 

Brainstorming with a broader set of meanings adds to that:

Forceful talk leads to betrayal.
Big worries about another woman.
Motherly concerns about women troubles.
Nutritional conversation takes time.
Phone call with your boss about delays and detours.

Certainly, there seems advice here to watch our language.  Whether we're talking to our mother or our boss (yep, the Bear is one of those cards that can go both ways), it's probably quite good advice to be careful of both what we say and how we say it.

I'm unlikely to be speaking with any higher-ups today.  More likely is that I'll talk with my mum, after Wednesday's gynecological intervention.  With regards to that, the Snake could suggest things taking a while to settle back to normal, which is to be expected, but still not anything to be happy about.

I am grateful for time to recover, and support in doing so.

8 comments:

  1. I quite like the French Cartomancy images. :) I hope you are taking it easy and enjoying all your many blessings. You're surrounded by them, you know. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! It's true, many blessings. I try to remember, and be grateful :)

      Delete
  2. Snake is one of those cards where my pagan background interferes. I just can't see the snake as always bad. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Arwen, me too! In my Celtic Lenormand, there are two snakes, one fierce (the Goddess is that, too), and one shedding its skin. Won't be to everyone's taste, but you can choose whether to use one or both ;)

      Delete
  3. Again I continue to be impressed by your brainstorming Lenormand sessions. What deck would you recommend to me to get, if you had one recommendation?

    Hugs and much love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that really depends on what catches your eye. To my mind, for a Lenormand, the most important things be that it's small and that the cards are clear. If you're interested, I'm running a giveaway for a sweet, funked-up traditional deck: http://innerwhisperscouk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/lennie-week-4-white-owl-giveaway.html ;)

      Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete