Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Practical Wisdom

©Fairchild & Paschkis
Another Pentacle card follows on from yesterday's Page. Today, the Complete Kit Tarot (Running Press, 2002) shares the Ace of Pentacles with us.

A large, red-and-gold Pentacle is held out by a hand that reaches in from the right side of the card.  Nine flowers seem to float around the Pentacle and hand.  There is also a green vine, with five little green leaves, which twines around the wrist of the hand, just in front of a purple cuff.

It's interesting, this card makes me realise how very often the "hands" in the aces (if they exist) reach either from the left or from below.  Reaching in from the right somehow seems very strange.  Given that there is often an association of the right with the future, perhaps this suggests that a gift on the material plane is coming, rather than already being available... 

This card feels delightfully growthful and happy!  There is wisdom to be gained here, even if what we receive or learn is something physical or material.  If we start on a new diet, it will affect our soul as well as our body.  If we do some new exercise programme, we will find it touches our heart, as well as our muscles.

Today, I shall stay open to the wisdom of my body, and heed well its messages.  Plans for sightseeing or whatever may have to take a back seat - I'll just see how I feel in the moment!

I am grateful for the ability to say, this is what I choose today.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! Don't you just LOVE the Ace of Pentacles? I can't help but love the Aces...especially the Ace of Pentacles and Ace of Cups. I love the vignette style of this deck. It's both dynamic and homey at the same time.

    I hope your body wisdom leads you to lovely places.

    XOXO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving this deck, MM, don't know how (or why) I resisted it so long!

      As for my body wisdom, it led me to say just how tired I was, so my DO slept with Big Boy for the first time ever, so I could get a rest. It also led me to do a mild workout, standing in front of our hotel window (it looks onto a trellised wall, so I wasn't flashing or anything!) :)

      French hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's a really nice and simple deck--and very affordable. The meanings in the book are fairly bizarre, but that's park of its charm. Not that it really needs a book to read, but it's funny to look at it sometimes.

      I'm glad you did that. I think you need to do that more!! Hah...well err...I guess that's a loss for the people of France? :)

      Thanks for the French hugs. What ARE French hugs? Do they involve tongue? LOL!

      XOXO,
      MM

      Delete
    3. It felt a bit weird, with my DO taking care of BB. But it was a relief to finally get some sleep so I could actually enjoy the day with them both :)

      As for French hugs, definitely no tongue ;) I remember when I first lived in Paris being a little weirded out, because everyone gave me air kisses when they met me. Like at a party, you'd give everyone at least two cheek kisses, saying your name in between the two. Rather an "intimate" way to greet total strangers. Having now lived for about nine years in various continental countries, I often find it strange not to give people air kisses when we meet :D

      XOXO,
      Chloë

      Delete
  2. It looks like the hand is dropping a gift into our laps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, perhaps this was the gift I gave myself - I went clothes shopping for the first time in ages! Got two pairs of trousers, four t-shirts, two jumpers, two scarves, and three pairs of pyjamas - what a haul! It meant I could throw out a jumper and pair of pyjamas I'd brought with me that were really in a dreadful state, but still comfy (we're talking holes, frayed cuffs, buttons with the material worn off from use, and stains!) :D

      Delete