Sunday, 17 February 2013

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

©Fairchild & Paschkis
For this second day with the Complete Kit Tarot (Running Press, 2002), we have a charming Eight of Wands.

A green wheel with eight spokes gives a sense of movement in the centre of the card, and at it's centre is a clock face.  Everything here suggests speed, moving fast.  And yet, the colour of the wheel and the little green leaves that sprout from some of the spokes also imply growth and harmony.  So, it's not just going with the flow, but positively progressing :)

Ha, what a perfect card to draw today!  We're off for a week's holiday, and it's all about moving as we journey to Paris :)  I see here the need to stay calm and focused even as we shift our a**e's and make sure we don't miss our train.

I am grateful for the chance to have a family holiday.

7 comments:

  1. I just love this deck and I'm happy to find you reviewing some of the cards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Starbreeze,
      It is a cute deck, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  2. I bought this deck and it's all your fault! (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hope you enjoy it, Carla! At least it's not a huge outlay like the Greenwood or the Enochian would be ;)

      Delete
  3. One of my favorite cards! I accidentally mistook this card for the Wheel of Fortune one time...but anyway. Either way, good luck on your trip! As a gal who has rarely traveled and only been out of the country once (to Mexico on our honeymoon on a cruise) I am awestruck by your mention of travel, even if it's only for work. Someday I hope I can have the means, situation and time to travel. You deserve a relaxing time so I hope you have it.

    xoxoxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I totally thought this was the Wheel of Fortune! I guess I didn't even read the title. I got notice that mine has shipped, looking forward to receiving. :)

      MM, you should come to England! It's lovely. I highly recommend the Pembrokeshire coast. Also, the Lake District, the Cotswolds, the Peak District...and of course you can't leave out a FEW days in the Big Smoke. But do visit the countryside, too. It's wonderful!! :)

      Delete
    2. Hiya MM,

      It's harder for you yanks to travel, as your whole country is so much bigger. For us to get to Paris by train only takes 2 and a half hours! So, really, it's more like visiting different states in terms of physical travel. And yet, culturally - ooh, la la :D

      Carla's right, it would be wonderful if you could come to England one day. I won't hold my breath, but I'll cross my fingers :)

      Hugs,
      Chloë

      Delete